estate sale - i cant find info on this......

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 564

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
thats a dj / radio stations free give away record to be played to promote sales of the record :wink:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
thats a dj / radio stations free give away record to be played to promote sales of the record :wink:
thanks it looks brand new :thumbsup:

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Popsike is OK but you only get a limited amount of searches before they hit you up for some $$$. Used to not be that way.

The site basically just archives eBay completed listings.

jonw440

May 26, 2004
Central,MA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, M6, Classic ID
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Popsike is OK but you only get a limited amount of searches before they hit you up for some $$$. Used to not be that way.

Didn't know that.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
jonw440 said:

Didn't know that.

I found this out when I sat down with a stack of vinyl I needed to price. After about 10-15 searches, I was DENIED. I then went out and bought some freshly out of date Krausse Price Guides.

Note to anyone looking for Vinyl to flip - Blue Note Jazz is the end all, be all. Original Blue Note records sell for astronomical prices. Also be on the lookout for obscure soul records you have never heard of pressed on the East Coast. The umbrella term for them is "Northern Soul". Those will bring the big bucks as well.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
jonw440 said:

Didn't know that.

I found this out when I sat down with a stack of vinyl I needed to price. After about 10-15 searches, I was DENIED. I then went out and bought some freshly out of date Krausse Price Guides.

Note to anyone looking for Vinyl to flip - Blue Note Jazz is the end all, be all. Original Blue Note records sell for astronomical prices. Also be on the lookout for obscure soul records you have never heard of pressed on the East Coast. The umbrella term for them is "Northern Soul". Those will bring the big bucks as well.

I would like to add to that list "Mutha Records". Its an obscure punk/hardcore/metal label from Monmouth County, NJ from the 80s. The stuff is extremely rare and very valuable. If anyone on here ever comes across anything on this label, please contact me!

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
jerseypicked said:
jonw440 said:

Didn't know that.

I would like to add to that list "Mutha Records". Its an obscure punk/hardcore/metal label from Monmouth County, NJ from the 80s. The stuff is extremely rare and very valuable. If anyone on here ever comes across anything on this label, please contact me!

Did you see that Misfits 45 that guy in Jersey sold a few years back? His buddy who was a former DJ passed away and left him a bunch of vinyl. The guy cleaned out buddy's closet and found it in a cardboard box. He ended up with one of only 5 copies of this Misfits record. He listed it on eBay not even knowing what he had and pretty soon he was being bombarded with emails from across the globe. I think it was "Horror Business". IIRC it sold for around $10,000

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
jerseypicked said:
jonw440 said:

Didn't know that.

Did you see that Misfits 45 that guy in Jersey sold a few years back? His buddy who was a former DJ passed away and left him a bunch of vinyl. The guy cleaned out buddy's closet and found it in a cardboard box. He ended up with one of only 5 copies of this Misfits record. He listed it on eBay not even knowing what he had and pretty soon he was being bombarded with emails from across the globe. I think it was "Horror Business". IIRC it sold for around $10,000

Almost all of the early Misfits stuff is extremely valuable. That is why I don't own a single record and don't plan on attempting to collect any Misfits vinyl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread