Mexican Silver Belt Buckle (pd $3.)

C

Cappy Z.

There are no markings at all. I did peel off the little Made In Mexico sticker. The bag of costume jewelry was reduced by 75%. I said, "Why not"?

Here's a pic. I think it might be worth more as a belt buckle VS melt silver?

Anybody here collect silver belt buckles?

Attachments

• MexSterling1.jpg
    MexSterling1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,055

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uhh Cappy.... you sure their silver? Sticker that says "Made in Mexico"? :dontknow: Mexico is pretty good about marking their silver. Even the alpaca wannabees. I know you have a warped strange sense of humor at times, this isn't one of them is it? I'm just sayin... :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

diggummup said:
Uhh Cappy.... you sure their silver? Sticker that says "Made in Mexico"? :dontknow: Mexico is pretty good about marking their silver. Even the alpaca wannabees. I know you have a warped strange sense of humor at times, this isn't one of them is it? I'm just sayin... :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Suddenly I'm no longer the level headed accountant type who never strays from his daily planned ritualistic non-emotional lifestyle??? What gives?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
diggummup said:

Suddenly I'm no longer the level headed accountant type who never strays from his daily planned ritualistic non-emotional lifestyle??? What gives?
We couldn't stand you if you were actually that mundane, boring, and predictable lemming that you describe above. It's your complexity, chaos, intensity and passion that we thrive on. :notworthy: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

diggummup said:
Cappy Z. said:
diggummup said:

We couldn't stand you if you were actually that mundane, boring, and predictable lemming that you describe above. It's your complexity, chaos, intensity and passion that we thrive on. :notworthy: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

???

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 823
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Using my loop...I found a faint number 3 stamped on the backside of the buckle. I'll have it checked today at a pawn shop.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Well...it's NOT sterling. However the pawn shop acid tester said it might be 40% silver....I put it on Ebay for 99 cents. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions