OP
GrayCloud

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
There in lies my problem. They are going to be part of a consignment auction this weekend and my eyes have not seen them yet. Do not know if the Miniature Liberty Bells are made in a set size/weight or not, regardless of maker. :icon_scratch: Was hoping someone here would have more insight than me.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
GrayCloud said:
There in lies my problem. They are going to be part of a consignment auction this weekend and my eyes have not seen them yet. Do not know if the Miniature Liberty Bells are made in a set size/weight or not, regardless of maker. :icon_scratch: Was hoping someone here would have more insight than me.
no one can answer this question without knowing weight size an if it is soild or weighted sterling.. you willhave to take your best guess an hope it comes out right for you...

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Anyone here know the Silver Value of the Miniature Sterling Silver Liberty Bells? :icon_scratch:
With the price of silver lately I would bet not worth more than $2 ea as melt value. I am thinking they are souvineer types and the "bell" size is the size of a thimble.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More than likely value in these would not be in the "melt" moreso in the souvenir or decorative aspect of the item, if it is the ones that are made as charms or pendants. But, as others have stated it all depends on the size.
If it is more like this one-

sterlbell7.jpg

Which weighs 2 oz. and measures 2 3/8" tall, then you could base the value on the weight, but it would still be worth more as a collector type item than melt value alone. IMHO

OP
OP
GrayCloud

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Somehow the Liberty Bells seem to disappear before the sale. :icon_scratch:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Somehow the Liberty Bells seem to disappear before the sale. :icon_scratch:
Don't ya love that crap? Happens all the time. Get someone interested so they show up at the sale and... BAM!, the thing you shpwed up for is gone. And the kicker is... you were the first one in line.

Been there done that. :dontknow: ::) ::) icon_hunter.gif

Attachments

• icon_hunter.gif
    icon_hunter.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 468
OP
OP
GrayCloud

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
All I ended up with was four old mason jars with the lead caps. People were bidding up higher than shelf pricing on most items. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread