99.8 KB · Views: 608

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great deal for craftsmen tools. I usually end up with a ton of hand tools from yard and garage sales and auctions. Every two or three months I'll go through them and pick out what I don't have and need or replace the better tools for the crap or old tools in my boxes. then I'll take the rest and divide up into different boxes and resell them at a local auction here

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
If you PAID 25 cents each then you did just fine. I routinely sell Craftsmen stuff at the flea market for $1 each and up (individual sockets, small wrenches). Large sockets, wrenches, and drivers are priced accordingly.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I tried to trade in a Craftsman Socket that broke, I had to jump through all kinds of hell trying to get it replaced.
I think they have changed the way their warranty works. Used to be that they would replace the tool right off the shelf, no questions asked, now they pull an old one out from under the counter.... >:(

Makes me want to buy only Snap-On.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
FreedomUIC said:
Last time I tried to trade in a Craftsman Socket that broke, I had to jump through all kinds of hell trying to get it replaced.
I think they have changed the way their warranty works. Used to be that they would replace the tool right off the shelf, no questions asked, now they pull an old one out from under the counter.... >:(

What do you mean "they pull an old one out"? I take trade in Craftsmen tools all the time at Sears and they never question me on it. They keep a small stock of commonly replaced tools under the counter but they are brand new with tags. Not sure what is going on at your Sears but you may want to try going to a different location.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jerseyben said:
FreedomUIC said:

What do you mean "they pull an old one out"? I take trade in Craftsmen tools all the time at Sears and they never question me on it. They keep a small stock of commonly replaced tools under the counter but they are brand new with tags. Not sure what is going on at your Sears but you may want to try going to a different location.

Only one in our area. :(

iambatman85

Greenie
Apr 4, 2009
Durhamville NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
FreedomUIC said:

I used to be a sales manager at a Sears Hardware. I believe what he is talking about is that most times when a person brings in a Ratchet for replacement they are often given a refurbished one. We use to get kits in to rebuild ratchets and most of the old ones do get refurbished. Only if they were super rusty or actually broken did they get put into a box to be send back. Right before I left the company I know that they had been bought by Kmart and they were going to start changing the trade in policy. I believe that they now require the tool to be used in the intended manner. I know that they are not supposed to allow you to return say a screwdriver that has been used as a chisel or as a pry bar.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have personally only had a problem when trying to turn in rusty tools but after some prodding, they did eventually allow me to return them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread