cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried, I wnet on craigslist and scrolled thru 3 pages. I only found 3 yardsales for the 24th that were in my driving range so I decided no buying that day.

Well about 1:00 on Saturday I got a call and about all I could understand was Jose & sell 250 cellphones & Anaheim & 3 o'clock & Hyme call.

For the life of me I could not understand his address or he didn't know his address. Well Hyme never called so at 2:30 I went on google translate and came up with a few sentences. On my first try (armed with some crude spanish) he said a street name and I knew exactly where he was at. I knew because I bought 450 phones from him 2 months ago.

I drove over and bought 400 phones from him so it was a good and profitable day afterall. Jose said he can get more, mucho more. :icon_thumleft:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:
Teléfonos robados son baratos :icon_thumleft:
Not worried about that. Many had broken screens, a few had water inside and a few others had mud inside. All were older models.

If they were all smart phones then Jose should be worried. I don't recieve stolen property, I know the consequences, I am an ex-cop.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
I drove over and bought 400 phones from him so it was a good and profitable day afterall. Jose said he can get more, mucho more. :icon_thumleft:
UPDATE 1-20-12 Probably going to see Jose again tomorrow. Got a call from him and in hiw very limited English I heard the password (his street name) I understood 500 cellphones. ;D

Just got word from my cellphone buyer. The 400 that I bought weighed about 75 lbs. I knew that and was expecting a check for $450 (+ about $62 for some computer circuit boards I shipped him also) That adds up to $512 but, I will be getting a check for $104 more than that. :icon_thumleft: :hello2: Turns out some of the phones were worth more to resell that to scrap.

I paid $160 for the phones and $12.75 for the circuit boards.

What makes the pot even sweeter? Jack paid to ship them.
Don't know if I can give his web address here, so it is OK to PM me for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread