What weighs 234 pounds and only cost me $40?????

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the only thing I dont agree with on Banner Finds. It states banner finds not banner metal detector finds. What about all the others who coin roll or indian artifact and hopefully the beale or KGC guys finally find a big one. I do a little of everything as well as everyone else here need to change the rules or make banners for different categories. On the other hand if you did get pulled over with all those watches have a little fun and tell him you know how many people I had to kill to get all this. Some have a good sense of humor but they will question the hell out of you.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bluehunter1973 said:
On the other hand if you did get pulled over with all those watches have a little fun and tell him you know how many people I had to kill to get all this. Some have a good sense of humor but they will question the hell out of you.
I have a good sense of humor, but I don't know. I never liked a smart mouth. ;D

Here I am in my younger and lighter years. :wink:
FCSD.jpg

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
bluehunter1973 said:
On the other hand if you did get pulled over with all those watches have a little fun and tell him you know how many people I had to kill to get all this. Some have a good sense of humor but they will question the hell out of you.
I have a good sense of humor, but I don't know. I never liked a smart mouth. ;D

Here I am in my younger and lighter years. :wink:

OMG! an Intertrashable Scout! My dad bought one of those brand new off the lot when I was born. My brother still had it until a few years ago, when he finally got rid of it, it had a small block chevy in it, and sat about six inches aboue it's 44 inch tires.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisted One said:
My brother still had it until a few years ago, when he finally got rid of it, it had a small block chevy in it, and sat about six inches aboue it's 44 inch tires.
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: That little guy could go anywhere. I had to keep it in 4FW most of the year. Most of my territory was dirt roads, right up by Canada. I saw more deer and bear than people. :hello2:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
bluehunter1973 said:
Thats the only thing I dont agree with on Banner Finds. It states banner finds not banner metal detector finds. What about all the others who coin roll or indian artifact and hopefully the beale or KGC guys finally find a big one. I do a little of everything as well as everyone else here need to change the rules or make banners for different categories. On the other hand if you did get pulled over with all those watches have a little fun and tell him you know how many people I had to kill to get all this. Some have a good sense of humor but they will question the hell out of you.

There is an indian (or prehistoric) artifact on the banner right now. It is not just metal detector finds. I have also seen a CRH find posted there before too.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
jerseyben said:
bluehunter1973 said:

There is an indian (or prehistoric) artifact on the banner right now. It most certainly is not just metal detector finds. I have also seen a CRH find posted there before too.
read all the post in the link I put up..somewhere in there it will say that I bought thecoins at a coinstar from a person so it can't go on the banner....

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
creeper71 said:
jerseyben said:
bluehunter1973 said:

There is an indian (or prehistoric) artifact on the banner right now. It is not just metal detector finds. I have also seen a CRH find posted there before too.
read all the post in the link I put up..somewhere in there it will say that I bought thecoins at a coinstar from a person so it can't go on the banner....

I don't know what to tell you...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,286210.html

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey not trying to start an argument but you are right their is one indian artifact and one crh. I know that the medal detectors have found great items and I am not calling it unfair. I vote unique and one of a kind myself thats my preference. Dont think I am singling something out when I am not. I would just like to see and that means I would like to see some other type banner finds. If someone finds those items. Sorry if I came across wrong.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
bluehunter1973 said:
hey not trying to start an argument but you are right their is one indian artifact and one crh. I know that the medal detectors have found great items and I am not calling it unfair. I vote unique and one of a kind myself thats my preference. Dont think I am singling something out when I am not. I would just like to see and that means I would like to see some other type banner finds. If someone finds those items. Sorry if I came across wrong.

I don't think anyone took it as confrontational. Just trying to point out the facts; that there are plenty of non-metal detecting related finds that make the banner. I just counted 8 in the past year or so INCLUDING a bottle dig pit find.

Check it out: http://forum.treasurenet.com/featuredposts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to start all of this banner mess. I was just trying to show my appreciation for such a cool "find". :BangHead:

Baja181

Apr 9, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Man, I'd love to take an afternoon and dive in to those! The thrill of the hunt! :hello2:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
jerseyben said:
bluehunter1973 said:

I don't think anyone took it as confrontational. Just trying to point out the facts; that there are plenty of non-metal detecting related finds that make the banner. I just counted 8 in the past year or so INCLUDING a bottle dig pit find.

Check it out: http://forum.treasurenet.com/featuredposts
very few are non metal decting finds an altho I think they should be there,the reasoning my score didn't get on banner doesn't make sense

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
jerseyben said:
bluehunter1973 said:

There is an indian (or prehistoric) artifact on the banner right now. It most certainly is not just metal detector finds. I have also seen a CRH find posted there before too.

Why should purchased items count? This site is about FINDING things, not who got the best deal on what they purchased. I've got a piece of glass that I paid $3 for that is worth $400. Should I get the banner for it? Heck no.

If you are looking to get a banner for stuff you paid for, go start a garage sale website.

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
Please, NO. I really don't want this past our "little" group.

I'd be surprised if this category doesn't get 10,000 hits a day. You're kidding yourself if you think the only people reading this stuff are also posting. For most people it's just a way to steal other's ideas and profit from them.

I have twice run into a total stranger when out "shopping" that mentioned doing just that.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What weighs 234 pounds and only cost me $40????http://forum.treasurenet.com?

Bazinga I thought my post was pretty clear wasnt starting an argument. I did not phrase my statement correctly thus people took it wrong. I blame myself but to point out driving around and paying for an item at a garage sale still consists of a person getting out and finding something. Just like metal detecting. You pay for gas in your car you pay for equipment. If I ruffled your feathers I apologize thats why I posted the last time. Again I apologize for not making myself clear.

Nightowl 280

Oct 16, 2010
land o lakes fl
I make almost as much selling jewelry at a buck a piece as i do on the gold i find in the mixes i buy . I would bag them all and take to the fleamarket and sell at a buck or two a piece . The watches i would ebay the metal movement ones and the others i would sort and throw in bins based on quailty then set some random number per bin per piece . my buyers are crafters , resellers , kids , grandmas , moms . Monday i pulled 250-300 in jewelry sales on my buck bins . meaning i sold 250-300 peices of jewelry . depending on your set up and fleamarket the only set up you have is to take the top off the bins .

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What weighs 234 pounds and only cost me $40????http://forum.treasurenet.com?

bluehunter1973 said:
Bazinga I thought my post was pretty clear wasnt starting an argument. I did not phrase my statement correctly thus people took it wrong. I blame myself but to point out driving around and paying for an item at a garage sale still consists of a person getting out and finding something. Just like metal detecting. You pay for gas in your car you pay for equipment. If I ruffled your feathers I apologize thats why I posted the last time. Again I apologize for not making myself clear.

I wasn't responding to you actually. I was responding to creeper who seemed to think he deserved the banner. If that was really the case, the garage sale forum would get 3-5 banner posts a week from spring until fall and the other 5 posts from coin roll hunters.

While each is a form of treasure hunting, it's not the kind of treasure hunting that this site was created for. They are just added forums created to keep people on the site just a little bit longer each day and to keep people from posting every yard sale find and coin roll hunting find in the Today's Finds section of the site. If you step into your way back machine, you will see that myself and a couple of others posting coin roll finds in the Today's Finds section are the reason that forum was created.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baja181 said:
Wow! Man, I'd love to take an afternoon and dive in to those! The thrill of the hunt! :hello2:
you might want a haz mat suit. Boy are those things dirty. :o
I can tell everything is old (not as old as I am) probably mostly from the 80's and 90's so they had lots of wear picking up body oils and crud. (especially the watches)

Did score two ladies Rolex's last night :icon_thumleft: but I know they are knockoffs :icon_pirat:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
I wasn't responding to you actually. I was responding to creeper who seemed to think he deserved the banner. If that was really the case, the garage sale forum would get 3-5 banner posts a week from spring until fall and the other 5 posts from coin roll hunters.

While each is a form of treasure hunting, it's not the kind of treasure hunting that this site was created for. They are just added forums created to keep people on the site just a little bit longer each day and to keep people from posting every yard sale find and coin roll hunting find in the Today's Finds section of the site. If you step into your way back machine, you will see that myself and a couple of others posting coin roll finds in the Today's Finds section are the reason that forum was created.

I agree with bazinga's comments on this for the most part. This is above all else a metal detecting site/forum. The banner should be for detecting finds only.
However, I also believe in tit for tat, if they are gonna post finds from the CRH board and also Native American artifacts on the banner, then some of the best finds from this board should also be considered.
Personally if this were my site, I would have a board specific banner for several categories, each on its perspective board.
There is a suggestion board on here, maybe we should throw some ideas around, since Treasurenet has new owners and all. :dontknow:
Can't hurt-
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,399.0.html

PS-I don't know about you guys but I put in alot of time, money, effort and research into finding my garage sale "treasures". Not every Tom Dick and Harry can go out and make a decent profit off of garage sale finds.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
i'd been on that like a dog on a three legged cat -- humm --I gotta ask --may 12th , 2012 --the club that I'm president of is having a club hunt --we will have a kids hunt * those kids would LOVE - TO FIND JEWELRY * even if its not gold or silver - just custome stuff -it would tickle em pink -- how much would you charge me for a lil bag ( say a couple pounds) of some of it and shipping to florida?

humm she said her staff was not that good ? --well look at all the stuff they got her for "free" once they got the gold for a song from the "suckers" --then the suckers just dumped all that excess "bling" in that tub and box for "free"-- folks giving you free stuff is always good * ( she made $40 "free bucks" ) minus the cost of the tub ---of course -the box was free ) --you should make a fair bit selling the bling by the pound -- funny how folks just "gave away" this stuff by dumping it in the box / tub after the "gold was sold"-- bet if they were wearing it and you walked up to em and said "gimme dat"off yer neck , finger or wrist for free , they would run to the cops saying you tried to rob em . :D

ah yes folks is funny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread