What weighs 234 pounds and only cost me $40?????

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
how much would you charge me for a lil bag ( say a couple pounds) of some of it and shipping to florida?

( she made $40 "free bucks" ) minus the cost of the tub

When is your hunt? We can work something out. maybe shipping to FL only.
There is so much there, I won't even miss a few BIG handfulls.

Actually less than 10 min ago I was thinking about my ex-club and their monthly hunt. Usually in the sand at the beach. I was thinking about how i could seed their hunt space, without anyone knowing. :laughing7: :laughing7:

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
When I read the thread title , I thought you were talkin about a hooker.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Re: What weighs 234 pounds and only cost me $40????http://forum.treasurenet.com?

bazinga said:
bluehunter1973 said:
Bazinga I thought my post was pretty clear wasnt starting an argument. I did not phrase my statement correctly thus people took it wrong. I blame myself but to point out driving around and paying for an item at a garage sale still consists of a person getting out and finding something. Just like metal detecting. You pay for gas in your car you pay for equipment. If I ruffled your feathers I apologize thats why I posted the last time. Again I apologize for not making myself clear.

I wasn't responding to you actually. I was responding to creeper who seemed to think he deserved the banner. If that was really the case, the garage sale forum would get 3-5 banner posts a week from spring until fall and the other 5 posts from coin roll hunters.

While each is a form of treasure hunting, it's not the kind of treasure hunting that this site was created for. They are just added forums created to keep people on the site just a little bit longer each day and to keep people from posting every yard sale find and coin roll hunting find in the Today's Finds section of the site. If you step into your way back machine, you will see that myself and a couple of others posting coin roll finds in the Today's Finds section are the reason that forum was created.
cause it was a coinstar find ... if coin roll find count for banner then so should mine...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
our club hunt will be may 12th at fernandina , florida * I think the kids would get a kick out of finding some "jewelry" --we have a hunt for "kids" and then we also have the "adult" hunt --the kids hunt is free * however the adult hunt cost money to be in it since it has "good prizes" (ie high dollar) -- just thought a bit of bling might "perk up' the kids hunt a bit -- I'd happily send a bit of cash to cover the cost of a "if it fits it ships' type small box and a bit more $ for covering the cost of a "bit o bling" for the kids hunt -- ivan.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
bazinga said:
I wasn't responding to you actually. I was responding to creeper who seemed to think he deserved the banner. If that was really the case, the garage sale forum would get 3-5 banner posts a week from spring until fall and the other 5 posts from coin roll hunters.

While each is a form of treasure hunting, it's not the kind of treasure hunting that this site was created for. They are just added forums created to keep people on the site just a little bit longer each day and to keep people from posting every yard sale find and coin roll hunting find in the Today's Finds section of the site. If you step into your way back machine, you will see that myself and a couple of others posting coin roll finds in the Today's Finds section are the reason that forum was created.

I agree with bazinga's comments on this for the most part. This is above all else a metal detecting site/forum. The banner should be for detecting finds only.
However, I also believe in tit for tat, if they are gonna post finds from the CRH board and also Native American artifacts on the banner, then some of the best finds from this board should also be considered.
Personally if this were my site, I would have a board specific banner for several categories, each on its perspective board.
There is a suggestion board on here, maybe we should throw some ideas around, since Treasurenet has new owners and all. :dontknow:
Can't hurt-
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,399.0.html

PS-I don't know about you guys but I put in alot of time, money, effort and research into finding my garage sale "treasures". Not every Tom Dick and Harry can go out and make a decent profit off of garage sale finds.
I agree with you digs, but I was just sayin if a coin rioll hunt find makes banner then so should a coinstar find.. that is al I am sayin..

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jopher said:
When I read the thread title , I thought you were talkin about a hooker.
A hooker that size wouldn't cost $40, she'd be about $10!

creeper71 said:
cause it was a coinstar find ... if coin roll find count for banner then so should mine...
I hear you and I agree, since they post other things other than md finds, it should be all inclusive. All or none. This is an active board and deserves accountabilty. I still like my suggestion of a board specific banner, with the main being md finds ONLY.

cyberdan said:
diggummup said:
I still think there's gold in there... somewhere.
Oh, I know there is, at least 8 pieces so far. (1 watch and small broken things)
Sweet!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some guys like "big gals" ;D -- warmth in the winter , shade in the summer ( most of em are decent cooks as well and happy to have a man , so they treat their men right and don't nag em to death for fear of running em off)-- and in the worse case --even if she decides to leave you , you can most likely find another "big gal" to replace her easily enough (cuz most guys do not like big gals --theres lots of em on the "free" market ) --if a man likes big gals he will seldom if ever be homeless , hungry or alone , cuz theres so many big gals out there with homes and food that just need someone to "love" :thumbsup:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Dan, I like the flea market idea. You would be swamped with business.

Also, one of the big Indy area auction houses held a weekly costume jewelry auction every week for the longest time, which was very popular. You should have seen the buyers, running individual items up to crazy levels. This was for common stuff, not gold. Minimum bid was $5 an item, I think.

Maybe you pitch the idea to one of your local auction houses?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
Actually my closest auction house is DAVE HESTER AUCTIONS.
Don't know if i want to talk to him.
Do I think he will cheat me YUUUP!

Who knows, maybe. I do like the idea. :icon_pirat:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think the trick to the high prices at my local auction is that they had a special auction every week for costume jewelry.

Wednesdays are their selling day, with 9 rings. CJ always sold at noon, and it drew a huge crowd.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
clovis97 said:
Actually my closest auction house is DAVE HESTER AUCTIONS.
Don't know if i want to talk to him.
Do I think he will cheat me YUUUP!

Who knows, maybe. I do like the idea. :icon_pirat:

I've read nothing but terrible reviews about his auction house and I'm not having a hard time believing them.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
clovis97 said:
I think the trick to the high prices at my local auction is that they had a special auction every week for costume jewelry.

Wednesdays are their selling day, with 9 rings. CJ always sold at noon, and it drew a huge crowd.

My cousin says that the auction house is still selling CJ every week. She says prices are still very strong.

They put the CJ in beer flats, and then place ordinary kitchen cello wrap on the top to prevent theft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread