billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend there were 40 garage sales listed in the local paper. Three listings were "Neighborhood" garage sales. I like "Neighborhood" garage sales; going from house to house is like "Trick or Treating"...:tongue3:

Here is a Sterling necklace with a pinkish stone that shows in the photo as purple, but for $5, it was interesting find. I could sell it like I found it, or sell the silver for a future higher scrap price and also sell the large cut stone.....

Later that afternoon, at the local flea market, there was a vendor with "Baggies" of jewelry. He said, "This is just the third time I've set these out, so if you find anything, you can have each bag for a DOLLAR each."

The plastic bags had become cloudy, and the longer I looked, the more I began to think they've been out for sale at many other flea markets a whole lot longer than he said....

There was one Baggie that had a necklace and the style looked "Dated"by the almost ugly looking pendant. It was because of the safety snap on the necklace latch, and the way the hinged loop looked on the pendant that showed me it might be worth a gamble. When I got home and opend the catch, the tongue on the necklace latch was stamped 14kt.
With my magnifier, when I opened the pendant latch, just barely showing up on the inside of the casting was, "585".

Attachments

• P1030332 (Small).JPG
    P1030332 (Small).JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 147
  • P1030333 (Small).JPG
    P1030333 (Small).JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 141
  • P1030389 (Small).JPG
    P1030389 (Small).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 140
  • P1030390 (Medium).JPG
    P1030390 (Medium).JPG