Ever give something away to find out you screwed up?

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I was at a yardsale an bought a 1931 electrical code booklet for .25.. My g/f that her brother probly would be interested in it..so with out looking it up thinking I would be out 10-15.00 tops if I sold it .. it was no big deal. Well I checked on it on Tuesday out of curirosity an about crapped my pants when I seen what they sell for... this isn't mine just a auction show value there was 18 bids an 9 people bidding.. So I would think this would be the average price 1931 VINTAGE NEC NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE BOOK ELECTRICIAN ELECTRIC WIREMAN | eBay

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a *&%^$*^%$*&$ moron sometimes. :violent1:

No argument there.

To answer your question Creeper- I more or less gave away a piece when I was young in my early 20's and didn't care/know any better. It was a sterling silver and mother of pearl cylindrical lighter that I found out in later years was a Tiffany circa 1900-1920, sold it to the local antique shop for $10. I found it behind the mantle of a fireplace in an old Victorian house I lived in at the time.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
No argument there..

thumbnail.aspx

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Wait, you think Diggum is trolling YOU???

I just read through your posts and at least in 50% of them, I get the feeling that YOU are trolling. Meanwhile, Diggum has been an upstanding contributing member of this forum for some time now.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
No argument there.

To answer your question Creeper- I more or less gave away a piece when I was young in my early 20's and didn't care/know any better. It was a sterling silver and mother of pearl cylindrical lighter that I found out in later years was a Tiffany circa 1900-1920, sold it to the local antique shop for $10. I found it behind the mantle of a fireplace in an old Victorian house I lived in at the time.
wow Digs that had to be worth more then I lost... Lesson learned here never give nothing away til after research has been made an confirmed... on a side note i picked up a pair of WW2 german Goggles at the same sale for .50. I'll get a pic up soon cause I can't figure out exactly what kind they are...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow Digs that had to be worth more then I lost... Lesson learned here never give nothing away til after research has been made an confirmed... on a side note i picked up a pair of WW2 german Goggles at the same sale for .50. I'll get a pic up soon cause I can't figure out exactly what kind they are...
Yeah but it was 10-12 years later when I learned about it so it didn't matter at that point. Can't wait to see those goggles. Lets see if we can ID them.

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife says I'm the king of throw away, yet I find other stuff in the trash.. But I regret giving away my Star Wars collection.. Un-opened figures and play sets.. the story goes.. I met this woman and her son at the laundry mat, I watcher son playing on the floor with a stick.. sort of reminded me of myself when I was little.. I assumed the stick was an airplane at how he was using it.. anyway.. I just felt compelled to do something.. thus I gave the mother and her son all of my Star Wars toys.. years later I learn how much some of those toys went for.. but after all it's just money.. comes and goes.. but the memory of me doing something for others.. will last me a lift time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread