Instant Pocket Knife Collection.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Instant Pocket Knife Collection.

Well I'm finally posting a find...

This past weekend I went to a much preferred (by me), "Town-Wide Tag Sale". Much of it runs along a main road and get fairly packed early. So my high tech idea (spent hours thinking this up :tongue3:) was to start on the outskirts. So after a couple crappy ones a hit a nice one (I was the second to arrive, who knows what I missed). Anyways the lady had a table full of tools and pocket knifes from her great uncle. He collected pocket knifes, and she figure most of most were 20-30yrs old, then decided maybe 50-60. She was asking two dollars each. Started my pile and after around 20 and car doors slamming for more salers, I ask how much for all. "$50" was the ask and I said I'll take them. Picked up some nice early tools that I can "lot" out for some nice $$ also. She ended up keeping 3 Mason knifes.

So here's the pics, any comments are welcome. Took a separate pic of an interesting Nazi pocket knife. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN6739.JPG
    DSCN6739.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN6740.JPG
    DSCN6740.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCN6738.JPG
    DSCN6738.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCN6736.JPG
    DSCN6736.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN6735.JPG
    DSCN6735.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCN6734.JPG
    DSCN6734.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

That's my favorite way to buy! I often do this kind of purchase on items that I am clueless on and see it as a fun way to learn about a new area of collecting.

GregK

Jan 10, 2008
Nice haul. The Coke ones as well as the Western themed (Davy Crockett Wild Bill) are great! The "Nazi" knife is one that was put out by a company in the '60's and '70's and is not a WWII period piece. It is a 100% fantasy as the Germans never made anything like it. Still collectible though.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little collectible lot, good deal. Any time you can get them for a buck or less, it's good. I've got a box full i've been thinking of selling on Ebay as a large lot.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a nice find for i have little knife collection i am thinking selling on ebay also........... What i liked most was the bottle openers ..... when i see bottle openers i neve let them get away...

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was 5, Davy Crocket, the movie came out, I had everything Davy that a 5 year old could have, no knife. I like that.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the Davy Crockett have identical handles on both sides? I think if one side has a brown woodgrain look it may be an original.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Nice collection and great price. As I was scrolling thru the pics, I noticed that most of the advertising knives were from the fifties, in my area, that means good prices. Congrats....goat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread