cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a buddy at work, he and his wife go to and sell at swapmeets. They have a daughter, probably middle 30's. She loves buying and selling too.

Well. last friday morning she was doing a morning jog and passed a yard sale. She couldn't bare passing it so she stopped. She saw an old ladies purse she liked so she bargained the owner down to $4 and she pulled the money out from somewhere. She took the purse and started jogging again. Something was wrong. Something heavy was bouncing around in the bottom of the purse. So she stopped and went to the bottom of the purse and found a heavy cloth bag. Can you guess what was inside?

40 SILVER QUARTERS

and she didn't even have to ask if they had any old coins

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish that would happen to my wife, she is always buying purses(she calls them hand bags) at yard sales.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score.

Now I'll sit back and wait for someone to scold you guys for not telling the person who sold it.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, impressive!

But who carries money with them when they are running? I know I don't.

I do remember a kinda similiar story to this. When I worked at an antique mall back in college, one of the coin dealers brought in about 20 old empty coin albums and priced them at like $2 each. One of them was oddly heavy and had 8 silver quarters left behind in it. Certainly not as awesome as 40, though!

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Nice score.

Now I'll sit back and wait for someone to scold you guys for not telling the person who sold it.
you going to hell for stealing her money..poor old lady.....lol J/k Some PEOPLE ON HERE ACT LIKE THERE JOHNY DO GOODERS but I like to watch an see how honest most of them really are..

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to tuck a 20 Deutche Mark bill and some TP in my sock, when me and the guys would do long, Friday runs. The 20 DM was for a cab if I got lost of injured and the TP was for, just in case... ;)

Just sayin'...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to tuck a 20 Deutche Mark bill and some TP in my sock, when me and the guys would do long, Friday runs. The 20 DM was for a cab if I got lost of injured and the TP was for, just in case... ;)

Just sayin'...

Haha, valid point.

From my house to the end of my country road is exactly one mile. So when I get to that point I just turn around and run back until I hit 5 or 6 miles. I guess if you are calling a cab you also need to carry your cell phone.

And for Dan, if this girl is in her 30s and running distances so far that she actually needs to carry money to possibly get home and likes yard sales, hook me up! haha

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw an unlisted yard sale sign going between two listed sales.

To help you understand my mindset, let me tell you why I didn't question this $5 dollar buy.:tongue3:

In the summer of 1994, I had my workshop built. To get 220v/200amp wiring to it, the electric company would let you start another account and set their meter on the building for $15 install charge..... The 130' distance from the house, it was the quickest and cheapest way....
But, about 8 years ago, the same electric company began charging a $15.00 monthly charge for each meter. So, each year, I pay the small workshop electric bill and the tacted-on $15.00. When Copper wire shot upward, I thought I was going to be doomed to keep doing that.

At this yard sale, there was a 4ft. diameter roll of "2/0" aluminum wire and the black insulation still appeared almost brand new. Inside the insulation of each run, just the strans of metal wire diameter is about the diameter of an adult's index finger! It had two insulated runs wrapped around the bare aluminum Netural; the kind that electric companies would use for above ground hookups here in Texas. Just counting the number of loops and judging the diameter of the roll, it was long enough and large enough to easily carry the electrical load. By adding a 200 amp fused disconnect from the house meter, after I ran the wire back to the workshop, I could have the electric company disconnect the run from their pole to the shop meter and stop charging me every month....

When I asked the lady how much that roll of wire was, she said, "I think my husband said to ask $5."
Now, would you argue with her? :angel12:

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010

Just sayin'...
LOL I used to live in germany for a little over 12 years and I do remember what the 20 marks were for I sure got a good laugh out of this one.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And for Dan, if this girl is in her 30s and running distances so far that she actually needs to carry money to possibly get home and likes yard sales, hook me up! haha
Married with two kids. She is a wheeler/dealer. Her and her mom do a lot of yardsale/ebay stuff. (her dad, my buddy is mostly the driver. but he gets his goood buys and sells in too.) The girls really know dolls and christmas ornaments.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread