mohawkman4081

May 5, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX or Whites Clasic Id
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7UP Thermometer 1950's

So I went to this garage/antique store and bought this 7UP thermometer/sign for $15 researching it on ebay I could only find similar signs that say fresh at the top or canadian signs. My sign says "the all-family drink" & "you like it... It likes you" are there any sign experts on here that can tell me if I have something rare and what its worth?

ForumRunner_20120524_110328.png

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
So I went to this garage/antique store and bought this 7UP thermometer/sign for $15 researching it on ebay I could only find similar signs that say fresh at the top or canadian signs. My sign says "the all-family drink" & "you like it... It likes you" are there any sign experts on here that can tell me if I have something rare and what its worth?

View attachment 638984
your kinda in luck I just so happen to have a soda pop collectiable price guide.. bad news is it is from 1996 so I am sure values went up..just don't know how much.. assuming that your thermometer is working in 1996 your sign was worth 60.00

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you it dates to the 1950's. That slogan was used throughout that decade. I found a similar (slight slogan diff) one that sold for $80 last April in a little better condition, I think it's still a great find, I would have bought it too :thumbsup:....

Porcelain 7up Thermometer. : Lot 1625

Here is one exactly like yours that didn't sell with a $100 opening bid.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/169297

Last edited:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I can tell you it dates to the 1950's. That slogan was used throughout that decade. I found a similar (slight slogan diff) one that sold for $80 last April in a little better condition, I think it's still a great find, I would have bought it too :thumbsup:....

Porcelain 7up Thermometer. : Lot 1625

Here is one exactly like yours that didn't sell with a $100 opening bid.

7-up thermometer. Slogan says "You : Lot 128
So price hasn't changed much in 16 years.. probly still a 60.00 item

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you'd be surprised alot of things are worth less nowadays because of Ebay. '96 was only a year or so after Ebay was born. So, for it to still be worth as much as the '96 book value, is actually pretty good. Book prices are usually a little steep anyhow for the most part. Values are better based on current market trends and prices realized from various sources.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Yeah, you'd be surprised alot of things are worth less nowadays because of Ebay. '96 was only a year or so after Ebay was born. So, for it to still be worth as much as the '96 book value, is actually pretty good. Book prices are usually a little steep anyhow for the most part. Values are better based on current market trends and prices realized from various sources.
True that,but since he couldn't find anything I thought the 96 price was better then nothing...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread