Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree21Likes
  • 6 Post By Charmin
  • 1 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By creeper71
  • 1 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By SEANO
  • 1 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By bobbysimoneau
  • 1 Post By bobbysimoneau
  • 1 Post By mineralized_miner
  • 3 Post By Charmin
  • 1 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By Charmin
  • 1 Post By apush

Thread: $50.00 buys 136 pieces of Cape Cod Ruby Glass!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    177 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

$50.00 buys 136 pieces of Cape Cod Ruby Glass!

I collect red ruby glassware---So, last weekend my sister ran across a storage unit sale that had 2 big plastic totes and 3 small boxes of the Cape Cod Ruby glass by Avon. She asked the lady what she would take for all of it and she said $50! That averages about 37 cents each . There are dinner plates, bread & butter saucers, serving platter, serving bowls, tidbit tray, candle holders, 3 different sizes of goblets as well as one champagne glass, berry bowls, napkin rings, mugs, and misc other pieces.
    I am just thrilled with this find and wanted to share!
    Here's some pictures and thanks for looking!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1527 (800x635).jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	367.2 KB 
ID:	640888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1525 (800x623).jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	417.5 KB 
ID:	640889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1531 (800x396).jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	640892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1535 (800x542).jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	277.5 KB 
ID:	640894
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    1911 times
    That's a great find. I don't do Avon unless it's sterling but you got a great deal nonetheless. What I really like are the Shawnee Winnie pigs in the background! Are they real?
    Charmin likes this.
    “Insanity is often the logic of an accurate mind overtasked”
    ―Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

“Dubium sapientiae initium"
    -
    René Descartes

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    1911 times
    I just wanted to add that I like the tidbit tray. For some reason whenever I see one, I usually buy it, no matter who made it. I have a couple for sale now (Royal Albert).
    Charmin likes this.

-
    René Descartes

us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    That's a great find. I don't do Avon unless it's sterling but you got a great deal nonetheless. What I really like are the Shawnee Winnie pigs in the background! Are they real?
    Dig's I didn't even notice Winnie til you pointed it out.. The winnie Banks/cookie jar that is where the money used to be..
    Charmin likes this.
    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    177 times
    Yes, the pottery pieces are real---That's another one of my favorite things to collect. I love Shawnee & American Bisque! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1541 (800x569).jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	283.8 KB 
ID:	641310

Here's some of my other pieces of pottery......the old buffet/sideboard came from a garage sale. It was in an attic with one of the legs broken off, but it was repairable. I got it for $25! ! I think its an Arts & Crafts period piece.....it looks like a Gustav Stickley piece to me, but there is no name stamped on it anywhere. The buffet makes a perfect display cabinet for my pottery.

Name:	IMG_1548 (800x715).jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	378.3 KB 
ID:	641318
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    1911 times
    Oh wow! That's a great little collection of pottery there. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I have a bunch of stuff myself. Unfortunately, I don't have the space I need to display it all properly. My pieces are a little crowded in to say the least. Here are some of my favorites in case you haven't seen this thread yet- Anyone Like American Art Pottery?
    Charmin likes this.

-
    René Descartes

us
    Sep 2010
    New England
    V3i
    13 times
    Super find! I wish my house was as neat as your perfect corner. I have treasures, question marks, resells, goodwills ect... scattered everywhere...
    Nice presentation!
    Charmin likes this.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    1911 times
    I found a couple of my Shawnee smiley pigs i'm gonna be listing on Ebay on Sunday night. As much as I like most of my stuff, I've really got to get rid of some things, it's overwhelming. Pitcher and smaller creamer. I was gonna list Bo Peep but she's not going for much unless it's got the gold trim, mine has the purple hat and green trim coat. She'll be going in the yardsale.

Name:	smiley1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	643907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiley2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	643908
    Charmin likes this.

-
    René Descartes

Jan 2014
    2 times
    hi I want to buy the red ruby glass from you please call me so we can make this happen im very serious and will pay all shipping and will give you extra for your time. thank you my name is bobby and my number is six o three 2 eight 7 eight 1 five 1.
    Charmin likes this.

Jan 2014
    2 times
    sorry guess I didn't read your ad fully thought it was for sale now I see you sharing your collection dah! wonderful find and thanks for sharing
    Charmin likes this.

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysimoneau View Post
    sorry guess I didn't read your ad fully thought it was for sale now I see you sharing your collection dah! wonderful find and thanks for sharing
    Thanks for the comments Bobby...I couldn't get to this stuff to sell it to you if I wanted to! It's packed for moving and in a storage container. I can't wait until our new house gets done so I can get it out and enjoy it again!

us
    Dec 2013
    Maryland
    Coinmaster GT Fisher F2 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
    43 times
    Really nice beautiful pieces, my mother would LOVE them!
    Charmin likes this.
    Good luck and have fun!

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mineralized_miner View Post
    Really nice beautiful pieces, my mother would LOVE them!
    Thanks! My grandma got me started on collecting red ruby glass....she gave me probably 10 pieces when I was a teenager and I have been picking up any and all red ruby glass since then. The last time I counted my ruby glass I had about 600 pieces. I have got to get some more shelves!! I'm running out of room.

Name:	IMG_1553 (1024x683).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	355.6 KB 
ID:	929360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1552 (1024x683).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	929361Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1550 (683x1024).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	374.1 KB 
ID:	929362

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    1911 times
    I like the souvenir ruby flash stuff. Whenever I see a piece I get it. I don't find it too often down here for some reason.
    Charmin likes this.

-
    René Descartes

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    177 times
    I like the souvenir ruby flash stuff. Whenever I see a piece I get it. I don't find it too often down here for some reason.
    I like that stuff too! The pieces I have came from a local auction.....I think we gave from $3 to $5 a piece for them.
    I got a really good deal on some of the other red ruby Fireking pieces in my pictures---I went to a garage sale and got there early. The lady was still unpacking boxes---she had this huge box and it was FULL of red ruby. I asked her what she would take for all of it and she said $25! I almost fainted! I took it without even seeing what all was in the bottom of the box and when I got home and unpacked it, I found 70 pieces including a punch bowl and stand, stemmed goblets, plates, saucers, tea glasses, punch cups, etc. Some of the pieces still had the original Fireking labels on them! That was a thrill and one of my best garage sale deals!
    diggummup likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    U.S.A.
    ACE 250; Lone Star
    192 times
    The two tier platter should go for at least $30 alone on ebay. I have sold several pieces of the Avon Ruby Red Cape Cod. The napkin rings are highly popular, as well as the butter and relish dishes. That was a nice score.!
    apush
    Charmin likes this.

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by apush View Post
    The two tier platter should go for at least $30 alone on ebay. I have sold several pieces of the Avon Ruby Red Cape Cod. The napkin rings are highly popular, as well as the butter and relish dishes. That was a nice score.!
    apush
    Thanks apush! I don't sell on ebay anymore......I think the next big 'thing' is going to be the facebook groups/pages for localized selling. And it's CASH sales with no shipping!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors