$50.00 buys 136 pieces of Cape Cod Ruby Glass!

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDIT: NOT FOR SALE. AND NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING.
I collect red ruby glassware---So, last weekend my sister ran across a storage unit sale that had 2 big plastic totes and 3 small boxes of the Cape Cod Ruby glass by Avon. She asked the lady what she would take for all of it and she said $50! That averages about 37 cents each :headbang:. There are dinner plates, bread & butter saucers, serving platter, serving bowls, tidbit tray, candle holders, 3 different sizes of goblets as well as one champagne glass, berry bowls, napkin rings, mugs, and misc other pieces.
I am just thrilled with this find and wanted to share!
Here's some pictures and thanks for looking!
IMG_1527 (800x635).jpg IMG_1525 (800x623).jpg IMG_1531 (800x396).jpg IMG_1535 (800x542).jpg

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find. I don't do Avon unless it's sterling but you got a great deal nonetheless. What I really like are the Shawnee Winnie pigs in the background! Are they real?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to add that I like the tidbit tray. For some reason whenever I see one, I usually buy it, no matter who made it. I have a couple for sale now (Royal Albert).

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
That's a great find. I don't do Avon unless it's sterling but you got a great deal nonetheless. What I really like are the Shawnee Winnie pigs in the background! Are they real?
Dig's I didn't even notice Winnie til you pointed it out.. The winnie Banks/cookie jar that is where the money used to be..

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the pottery pieces are real---That's another one of my favorite things to collect. I love Shawnee & American Bisque! IMG_1541 (800x569).jpg

Here's some of my other pieces of pottery......the old buffet/sideboard came from a garage sale. It was in an attic with one of the legs broken off, but it was repairable. I got it for $25! ! I think its an Arts & Crafts period piece.....it looks like a Gustav Stickley piece to me, but there is no name stamped on it anywhere. The buffet makes a perfect display cabinet for my pottery.
IMG_1548 (800x715).jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Super find! I wish my house was as neat as your perfect corner. I have treasures, question marks, resells, goodwills ect... scattered everywhere...
Nice presentation!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a couple of my Shawnee smiley pigs i'm gonna be listing on Ebay on Sunday night. As much as I like most of my stuff, I've really got to get rid of some things, it's overwhelming. Pitcher and smaller creamer. I was gonna list Bo Peep but she's not going for much unless it's got the gold trim, mine has the purple hat and green trim coat. She'll be going in the yardsale.

smiley1.jpg smiley2.jpg

bobbysimoneau

Jan 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi I want to buy the red ruby glass from you please call me so we can make this happen im very serious and will pay all shipping and will give you extra for your time. thank you my name is bobby and my number is six o three 2 eight 7 eight 1 five 1.

bobbysimoneau

Jan 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry guess I didn't read your ad fully thought it was for sale now I see you sharing your collection dah! wonderful find and thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry guess I didn't read your ad fully thought it was for sale now I see you sharing your collection dah! wonderful find and thanks for sharing
Thanks for the comments Bobby...I couldn't get to this stuff to sell it to you if I wanted to! It's packed for moving and in a storage container. :) I can't wait until our new house gets done so I can get it out and enjoy it again!

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice beautiful pieces, my mother would LOVE them!:happy3:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice beautiful pieces, my mother would LOVE them!:happy3:
Thanks! My grandma got me started on collecting red ruby glass....she gave me probably 10 pieces when I was a teenager and I have been picking up any and all red ruby glass since then. The last time I counted my ruby glass I had about 600 pieces. I have got to get some more shelves!! :) I'm running out of room. :)
IMG_1553 (1024x683).jpg IMG_1552 (1024x683).jpg IMG_1550 (683x1024).jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the souvenir ruby flash stuff. Whenever I see a piece I get it. I don't find it too often down here for some reason.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the souvenir ruby flash stuff. Whenever I see a piece I get it. I don't find it too often down here for some reason.
I like that stuff too! The pieces I have came from a local auction.....I think we gave from $3 to $5 a piece for them.
I got a really good deal on some of the other red ruby Fireking pieces in my pictures---I went to a garage sale and got there early. The lady was still unpacking boxes---she had this huge box and it was FULL of red ruby. I asked her what she would take for all of it and she said $25! I almost fainted! I took it without even seeing what all was in the bottom of the box and when I got home and unpacked it, I found 70 pieces including a punch bowl and stand, stemmed goblets, plates, saucers, tea glasses, punch cups, etc. Some of the pieces still had the original Fireking labels on them! :) That was a thrill and one of my best garage sale deals!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two tier platter should go for at least $30 alone on ebay. I have sold several pieces of the Avon Ruby Red Cape Cod. The napkin rings are highly popular, as well as the butter and relish dishes. That was a nice score.!
apush

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two tier platter should go for at least $30 alone on ebay. I have sold several pieces of the Avon Ruby Red Cape Cod. The napkin rings are highly popular, as well as the butter and relish dishes. That was a nice score.!
apush
Thanks apush! I don't sell on ebay anymore......I think the next big 'thing' is going to be the facebook groups/pages for localized selling. And it's CASH sales with no shipping! ;)

Jul 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have some ruby red dishes that was given to me from my grandma in 1982. She was a avon lady. I would like to sell them. I have 4 dinner plates, 2 salad plates, 4 coffee mugs, 8 gobblets, a sugar and creamer and bell and cake knife and 2 or 3 bowls. I dont know what they are worth so i dont know what to sell them for. I have been carrying them with me for years. My number is 360-771-1801. I live in washington state. Leave a message if i dont answer

Lisa

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To- [email protected], I don't think I would use my email address as my username. I definitely wouldn't put my phone number out on the internet. Just saying.

To give you an idea of what it sells for on ebay- cape cod ruby | eBay If your not an ebay seller then try craigslist or your local newspaper. A garage sale will bring the least amount out of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread