jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a small collection of Indian Arrowheads on Saturday. Got 4 of them for $5 total.

Also picked up:

-small sterling earrings and a (fake) sterling ring
-derringer cap gun
-1926 Philadelphia International Expo souvenir booklet and pin
-lot of postcards
-enlisted picture of WWI soldier

Later in the day I made a private purchase for something for my own personal collection. Not going to get into details but it was the largest purchase I have made to date that wasnt a car/house/engagement ring.

Attachments

• arrows1.jpg
    arrows1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,333

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not willing to share what you bought then Why bring it up in a treasure hunting forum???????? what so secret that you can't share????

Some things are just better left unsaid. For all we know it's an MS60 1856 Flying Eagle or something else that has a 5 figure value that he would rather not have people knowing he has at his house. I don't blame him.

Of course, with that said, if that's his angle, then it probably wasn't wise for him to mention a big purchase in his post...

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Some things are just better left unsaid. For all we know it's an MS60 1856 Flying Eagle or something else that has a 5 figure value that he would rather not have people knowing he has at his house. I don't blame him.

Of course, with that said, if that's his angle, then it probably wasn't wise for him to mention a big purchase in his post...

Well, it is already locked away in a bank safe deposit box.

That being said, I am SORRY to all for causing a stir and for committing a forum faux-pas. But I really am not at liberty to discuss this any further. Lets just move on, please.

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, it is already locked away in a bank safe deposit box.

That being said, I am SORRY to all for causing a stir and for committing a forum faux-pas. But I really am not at liberty to discuss this any further. Lets just move on, please.

darn. :tongue3:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

I thought it was a 1914 d penny or some sort of gold peice...lol

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was a 1914 d penny or some sort of gold peice...lol

I just assumed it was $10k+ since he didn't want to talk about it. Of course, it could be a gold piece... a $3 gold would fetch a nice price, or maybe he is a high roller and it was a $4 gold coin ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread