Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for all the advice. The buyer that I cancelled his echeck has updated his PayPal and I have already received payment in less than 4 days and Im getting ready to ship. So problem solved. I sold 2 other $39.99 items. Each had only 1 bid but they sold.

Other payment methods
Checks, money orders, and bank wire transfers aren't allowed for most eBay purchases.

I was completely within my rights to refuse payment and report him as no pay. I chose not to and suggested that he update his PayPal. He apologized, updated and problem is solved.

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before everyone gets all crazy over money orders, read ebay's policy regarding money orders here "Other payment methods":

Choosing a payment method (for buyers)

Ebay seems to leave that as a gray area because regardless of what it says, the reality is you can pay with a money order or whatever, a seller just can't state they accept it.... meaning the buyer has to make the request. It's no doubt a legal issue and why ebay does it that way, as they're probably not allowed to force people to use Paypal. If they could, they'd simply put them together and not let anyone have an Ebay account without a PP one. These days are sure different than when I first started selling when near half the payments were snail mail. Now it is less then 1%, and even though some people don't like it, it is what works best, at least for me.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I had a buyer here at TN that seen one of my items and asked me if I wanted to sell. He offered a good price.. He insisted on paying by check snail mail. I finally agreed to a USPS Money Order and I shipped. I may make some exceptions.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Before everyone gets all crazy over money orders, read ebay's policy regarding money orders here "Other payment methods":

Choosing a payment method (for buyers)
I don't think you understand what Bigcypresshunter and i said......... We said we would rather do paypal .... But if needed we will take a USPS money order............. And by us doing so we are not breaking any of Ebay rules.................

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I accept regular checks through snail mail. :)

I just tell the buyer that I take 2 - 3 after cashing the check to send off the item, and it may take me 2 weeks to cash the check. :)

Of course, most buyers send me checks on $15 items, so I just send out the item when I get the check and cash it when I get the chance. I'm not one to be super fussy about checks. Well, except for the when the person in front of me in line at the grocery whips out their checkbook and doesn't have it prepared by the time their order is done being rung up... Ugh, morons....

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I accept regular checks through snail mail. :)

I just tell the buyer that I take 2 - 3 after cashing the check to send off the item, and it may take me 2 weeks to cash the check. :)

Of course, most buyers send me checks on $15 items, so I just send out the item when I get the check and cash it when I get the chance. I'm not one to be super fussy about checks. Well, except for the when the person in front of me in line at the grocery whips out their checkbook and doesn't have it prepared by the time their order is done being rung up... Ugh, morons....
I took a check only one time on eBay. I think it was about $50. I deposited immediately (BOA), waited 2 weeks and shipped. It bounced. I wasnt aware of it until a week later. (total 3 wks) Apparently you need to wait 2 - 3 (weeks)

I contacted the buyer and I was surprised he sent another. (check) I didnt get burnt but it took me 5 weeks before I had my money. Do I need this aggravation?

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only had to leave one negative response, but you know feeBay they won't let you leave anything but nice responses. So here is my neg response I left last November and it is still there.

Great ebayer. one FB point and he backed out on this auction.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have only had to leave one negative response, but you know feeBay they won't let you leave anything but nice responses. So here is my neg response I left last November and it is still there.

Great ebayer. one FB point and he backed out on this auction.
Yes you can leave a positive/negative but you need to know when the buyer cannot reciprocate.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hello Keppy. I was checking a non paying buyer and I see she recently purchased from you also. I notice you sell watches. I like the old military watch.

I see you have had a lot of trouble shipping to Europe, especially Italy and you only ship Express or Registered to Italy because of the many lost packages.

Is Express safer?.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Keppy. I was checking a non paying buyer and I see she recently purchased from you also. I notice you sell watches. I like the old military watch.

I see you have had a lot of trouble shipping to Europe, especially Italy and you only ship Express or Registered to Italy because of the many lost packages.

Is Express safer?.
I only had a few watches to get rid of... And the only non payer i have had was for a metal detector i sold....But of course then i never shipped it out...... And never got payment for....And that was this year.... And i will not ship to Italy.... I just heard to many bad things about shipping to italy from other Ebay sellers..........I will ship to other countries over seas some times.......... But most of the time i don't to much of a pain at times.....But i never had a problem with over seas buyers....When i ship over seas i do not print up the lable my self...... I take it to the post office and just tell them ship this out at the lowest price you can.........I ship to canada all the time and use the express ..... What buyer did i sell to that did not pay you ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I only had a few watches to get rid of... And the only non payer i have had was for a metal detector i sold....But of course then i never shipped it out...... And never got payment for....And that was this year.... And i will not ship to Italy.... I just heard to many bad things about shipping to italy from other Ebay sellers..........I will ship to other countries over seas some times.......... But most of the time i don't to much of a pain at times.....But i never had a problem with over seas buyers....When i ship over seas i do not print up the lable my self...... I take it to the post office and just tell them ship this out at the lowest price you can.........I ship to canada all the time and use the express ..... What buyer did i sell to that did not pay you ?
Geez Keppy I didnt want to post it but I guess its not you. They are using your exact avatar of the cat with a gun. ( or you are using his) Are you selling an antique military watch???? http://www.ebay.com/itm/310412945280?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

http://myworld.ebay.com/bmx_1/

ATTN.FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS!!!DUE TO MANY"LOST"UNINSURED PARCELS IN PAST,WE ARE SENDING ALL PARCELS WORLDWIDE JUST BY REGISTERED OR EXPRESS MAIL(NO EXCEPTION PLEASE!!!),WE ARE TO HONEST,SO WE RETURNED ALL MONEY FOR"LOST"PARCELS AND SURE LOST TO MUCH MONEY...TO ITALY WE SEND ONLY EXPRESS DUE TO MANY UNDELIVERED REGISTERED PARCELS!!!...THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I see now they are from Tampa . I saw the cat while looking at a non-payers feedback and I thought it was you.

I reported my non-payer (not the echeck) but didnt close yet. I think 9 days is enough time to pay. Non payers and slow payers are getting out of hand and I think we all need to try and stop them. I notice many sellers are reporting them in 4 days if no reply..

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I see now they are from Tampa . I saw the cat while looking at a non-payers feedback and I thought it was you.

I reported my non-payer (not the echeck) but didnt close yet. I think 9 days is enough time to pay. Non payers and slow payers are getting out of hand and I think we all need to try and stop them. I notice many sellers are reporting them in 4 days if no reply..

I am really trying to be nice and helpful here but I think you are making this into a bigger deal than it actually is. Just use ebay's system to report non paying buyers and move on. No need wait beyond the minimum time ebay gives you to file the report.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Jersey, I just started back in the new eBay so I am asking questions. I wasnt sure if reporting nonpayers to eBay was the best solution. I simply stated that I was reporting a non payer. I had no intention of making a big deal out of it other than it seems to happen too often to me lately and the practice of not paying/not responding should not be allowed to continue..

I am not referring to the echeck. The echeck guy contacted me on the 4th day, repaired his PayPal account, the item was shipped and he has already received it. Its a done deal and over and the buyer should be happy..

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the 3rd day if I don't get a payment, i'll send them a "reminder" invoice, it usually works.

Just put a little "disclaimer" type deal in your listing- Payment must be made within 4 days of end of auction. If payment cannot be made within 4 days of auctions end, please notify me as to when payment will be made or item will be relisted.

Then open a case for non payment after 4 business days if they do not communicate.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
After the 3rd day if I don't get a payment, i'll send them a "reminder" invoice, it usually works.

Just put a little "disclaimer" type deal in your listing- Payment must be made within 4 days of end of auction. If payment cannot be made within 4 days of auctions end, please notify me as to when payment will be made or item will be relisted.

Then open a case for non payment after 4 business days if they do not communicate.
Sounds good to me. I send them an invoice everyday and a reminder.. One person told me they would pay Thurs or Fri. Today is Sat. Im not fooling with them much longer. Ill add the disclaimer for future auctions but everyone should know payment is due in 4 days..

I never had so many non-payers years ago. Actually I never had any.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Geez Keppy I didnt want to post it but I guess its not you. They are using your exact avatar of the cat with a gun. ( or you are using his) Are you selling an antique military watch???? ANTIQUE MILITARY MID SIZE SLEDA, 6J SWISS, 1930's... | eBay

eBay My World - bmx_1
Bigcypresshunter...No i did not get that avatar from them nor did they from me...... I got mine from a web site for tree trimers and chainsaw users..... I saw some one useing it there and could say i borrowed it from him...... I am not i tree trimmer but like my chainsaw and cut a lot of fire wood........Yes i am not the Ebay member you saw that person has a lot of watches.... I have only sold about 4 watches sinse i have been on ebay............... website i got my avatar from was arboristsite.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I like your new avatar.

Im not making a big deal about it but I checked one of my non-payers and this is only part of her feedback. Its crazy that these buyers should be allowed to continue. A seller emailed me that she has 14 more no pays from this same person!

Attachments

• no pay.jpg
    no pay.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 125

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions