Questions on the new eBay

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, only the person who sold the item can see the actual usernames of those who bid. They jumble them so people don't get harassed/ solicited by others, I guess. It is her, she has the same feedback score.

There is a back-door for that. If someone else wins a bid, wait a week or so and then start checking the sellers feedback. Since you can see the item sold for a whole, you can see if it's the one you are bidding on and find out who beat you. But that is the only wayI have found so far.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
BigCypress:

(Diggum, you know I respect you but this has got to be said, so NO OFFENSE).

Don't fight against the system and this kind of stuff will not even become an issue. You brought this on yourself by leaving "positive/negative feedback", which is against ebay's rules as you have discovered. If you have an issue with ebay's rules then you shouldn't be using ebay. It is a private company and they run it the way they so choose. It isnt up to you or anyone else to police it or try to fit it into the mold that you feel it should be. Yes, some of their policies can be tough at times for sellers and even for buyers alike - I dont disagree with that.
I DO agree that if a "problem buyer" is discovered, like in this case, then we should be sharing the information so that others will know for the future. Thanks for that info.

My suggestion to every single person who sells on ebay: Read their policies carefully and follow them.
Think of it like US tax laws. Yea, they suck and are a huge PITA but if you disregard tax laws, you could be fined and/or go to jail (much worse than being "reprimanded".

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No offense taken Jersey and thanks for the help. I had no idea positive/negative feedback was against the rules because it seemed that everyone was doing it. I was told by other eBayers that this was acceptable..

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
As far as eBays policies they state that you must pay within 4 days but it seems they are not enforcing their own rules so what are we supposed to believe Jersey?

Im sure its against eBay policy to bid on 20 items in one day and pay for one.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is something I learned from reading ebay policy that I found extremely helpful:

For sales under $250, sellers are required to ship items with Delivery Confirmation or they are at fault if the buyer claims it was not received.
For sales over $250, sellers are required to ship items with Signature Confirmation or they are at fault if the buyer claims it was not received.

Sellers are permitted to pass these costs along to the buyers as "shipping & handling fees".

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Here is something I learned from reading ebay policy that I found extremely helpful:

For sales under $250, sellers are required to ship items with Delivery Confirmation or they are at fault if the buyer claims it was not received.
For sales over $250, sellers are required to ship items with Signature Confirmation or they are at fault if the buyer claims it was not received.

Sellers are permitted to pass these costs along to the buyers as "shipping & handling fees".
Good to know but irrevelant to the conversation.

I will give you a tip. Even with Delivery Confirmation you will lose the case if the buyer says it wasnt received.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as eBays policies they state that you must pay within 4 days but it seems they are not enforcing their own rules so what are we supposed to believe Jersey?

Im sure its against eBay policy to bid on 20 items in one day and pay for one.

Not entirely true. It doesn't specifically state buyers have to pay within 4 days. They allow you to open an unpaid dispute after 4 days, which is different.

I haven't been paid. What can I do?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Not entirely true. It doesn't specifically state buyers have to pay within 4 days. They allow you to open an unpaid dispute after 4 days, which is different.

I haven't been paid. What can I do?
Yes thanks I read it all and I can give them extra time. I opened a nonpay dispute after 4 days. eBay then gives them another 4 more days to pay. They need to pay within those last 4 days or I close the case, fees refunded and item can be relisted. They clearly violated eBay rules. And she did it with at least 25 other sellers.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes thanks I read it all and I can give them extra time. I opened a nonpay dispute after 4 days. eBay then gives them another 4 more days to pay. They need to pay within those last 4 days or I close the case, fees refunded and item can be relisted. They clearly violated eBay rules. And she did it with at least 25 other sellers.
Well now you opened your nonpay dispute if she don't pay you will have your fees refunded.......There has to be something wrong with that buyer .... Only a 60 feedback and and almost 1/2 her buys are non pays...

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well now you opened your nonpay dispute if she don't pay you will have your fees refunded.......There has to be something wrong with that buyer .... Only a 60 feedback and and almost 1/2 her buys are non pays...
I agree something is wrong with eBay that allows buyers like her to continue. It just gets worse.

She still didnt pay and I gave her 6 days instead of the suggested 4, left feedback and I closed before she could reciprocate. My fees are already refunded. True I cannot police or enforce the rules but I can complain about it online where other sellers will read my experience.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
She still has those nonpays on her record I would imagine and most sellers will block her. Its odd that she spent a thousand bucks on one item that same day. I think I will still sell my item. I will wait and see. Maybe is no need to call.

Im sure all the non pays havent been reported yet. A buyer sent me an email saying she had 14 no pays to report from her. Maybe her kid got online or a vindictive boyfriend.

But its not just her. I had others.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
She still has those nonpays on her record I would imagine and most sellers will block her. Its odd that she spent a thousand bucks on one item that same day. I think I will still sell my item. I will wait and see. Maybe is no need to call.

Im sure all the non pays havent been reported yet. A buyer sent me an email saying she had 14 no pays to report from her. Maybe her kid got online or a vindictive boyfriend.

But its not just her. I had others.
That's true someone else could be trying to make he look bad.........Know her pass word and useing it to mess her up..........Could be she is not the one doing the bidding ..........

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Abby continues to receive positive/negative feedback for non-pays but eBay continues to remove them from her record.

Attachments

• ebay feedback Abby.jpg
    ebay feedback Abby.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 237

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sent the nutcase a message asking her what her deal is. Unless someone is using her account without her knowledge, then she is a complete whack job. She bids like a crackhead with a big pile of crack... nonstop.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I sent her messages but she didnt reply. Maybe I will call like you suggested.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about ready to call and she didn't even stiff me. There's really something wrong with that picture. She would be thrown off Ebay, if everyone who didn't get paid opened an unpaid item case against her, I would hope.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
But the negative/positive feedbacks keep rolling in. One member called her "a piece of trash" and a "liar". (She lied to me as well.)

eBat feedback Abby jul24.jpg

Here is the latest page. Enjoy the new eBay folks.

Attachments

• eBat feedback no pay Abby.jpg
    eBat feedback no pay Abby.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread