Whoot! Purex 5 gallon jugs w/ crate

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
While on vacation for my "25th anniversary" my wife and I went into a store in Avila Beach, and seen 1 purex 5 gallon jug sitting in the bottom floor of the store, and then asked the associate how much was the jug she replied she "would have to ask the owner". So then the next morning she called me since I left my phone # with her and told me the owner wanted 49.00 for it, so I back to the store that morning and spoke to the owner. The owner then told me he had another jug and a crate that came with them, so I offered him 100.00 for all three items and he said yes. He also had a 1950`s pepsi cooler and wanted 25.00 for it, so I bought it also.. The owner told me that those jugs came out of the old "Pizmo plunge pool "back in the late twenties or early thirties which made sense since they were bleach bottles.. I researched the bottles to find out they are worth 300.00 in near mint shape which these are close to near mint, but I could not find a price for the crate . Any help would be appreciated! :BangHead: ............................................................................................................................................... Photo0341.jpg Photo0342.jpg Photo0343.jpg . . .

canadiandigger

Jul 5, 2012
woodstock ontario
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice!!!! sorry i have no idea what the crate is worth i researched it and nothing came up but the jugs. so it might be rare!!!!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice but i know nothing about the crate........... But what did the pepsi cooler look like?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread