Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped at an estate sale before work this morning. Most of the sterling was marked at melt value, and I had missed the early action. But rummaging through the sewing kits looking for coins, etc, I found these two gems. Not bad for $10 - the estate sellers missed these!

Indian Motorcycle Springfield Mass USA. Top is what I found, below is an auction photo. Any idea what it might be worth/history of item?
tn.jpg
indian razor.jpg

I also bought the thimble pictured on the left. Seems to be 1890's. Mine is more worn than the one pictured. Here is a description from ebay: The other thimble has a lighthouse and a sailboat too, but it also has a little church. Inside the top is marked 'Sterling', the size (9) and the Waite, Thresher star logo. It is also in good condition with no holes. Both of these thimbles are shown on p. 115 (plate 6) of Gay Ann Rogers' book American Silver Thimbles. Neither thimble has been personalized but both are out of round.
safe_image.jpg

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look them up on eBay to find an accurate value.
When you do a search for them, refine your search to items sold.
Then you will know what people are actually paying for the item.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job!!!

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your items, you got to love it when you spend that extra time picking through everything to get a awesome razor ... good job! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
The seller ran in to show the thimble to the "precious metals" lady, and get a price on the sterling from her on the thimble. I was holding the razor in my other hand showing him, like, "look, it this razor..." (but please dont look to hard - and see the "Indian Motorcycles" logo). I was avoiding that other lady, because she had like 10-12oz of sterling silverware and she quoted me 20% off on the whole lot, and it still came to $325! She would have raised the price. But he came back saying $15 bucks for both, and I said uhh, well, how about $10 - and got it. I was dropping of paychecks at one of our branches & had my wife with me at the estate sale. So now she has a nice thimble to start a collection, and I scored this great razor. Thank you American Pickers because I didnt know what Indian was. Gotta love treasure hunting! - Jonathan

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always buy anything motorcycle. I just got a buell american motorcycle t-shirt at the goodwill for $1.99, sold it BIN on ebay for $18.99 within hours

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, you can never go wrong with motorcycle stuff for $5 or less. nice finds!

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice it read Motocycle not motorcycle. It was the Indian Motocycle Company. Cool find! Would love to have one for the toolbox on my 48 Indian Chief. steve

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread