14k Gold Filled bracelet

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to two church rummage sales this morning, first was a bust at the second I was looking through a pile of childrens bracelets and junk jewlery box right next to the cashier
marked .10 cents.Lots of fake gold etc.This one tiny 1g bracelet caught my eye.Got out
my loupe and sure enough 14k Gold Filled.Brought it to the cashier and I said this was
in the ten cent box.She hesitated and said I thought we checked everything for gold?, went
over to the box and started pulling out all the fake chains.I advised her nothing in there
was real(I checked them all).Then I paid for my .10cent chain and left.Went
online to the gold filled calculator and this is what I found.Gold filled 14k 1g at $1605 is
1/5=$6,1/10=$3,1/20=$1.5,1/50=.60.Since there is no percentage marked on the clasp
Im not sure what its really worth, plus the clasp is magnetic but not the chain.Not a huge score but im proud that everyone else missed it because I found it an hour after the sale started.(I could not capture a pic of the mark because my camera even on macro wont
focus on such small writing.).Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, but where can one sell gold filled? None of the scrap dealers in town will touch it.

OP
OP
tech125

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I read on this forum that cyberdan sent GF TO ARA in lots over 500 grams? Maybee he can confirm this....Im always looking at eyglases, watch bands, chians etc,
im a looong way from 500g minimum but its fun hunting for it...

Last edited:

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
You are correct about the 500 gram limit. Not sure if it is ARA though, as Dan has changed refiners to a local one where he lives. Hopefully, he will read this and give you an update and the straight facts soon.

T.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't say that others missed it.... I would say that others just want it. I pass on gold filled unless there is something else unique about it.

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay is the best place for gold filled they give you the gold value and sometimes more . BUT FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES ARE A KILLER . Worth it to me tho.

Palladium

Aug 12, 2012
Gadsden, Al
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello guys. I was just reading through some threads after registering and happened to see this one. My name is Ralph and i'm a gold refiner by trade. If you looking to liquidate your gold filled i have to agree ebay is the place besides the fees the gentleman mentioned above. If owning or having physical gold is your objective then maybe i can help. i process all kinds of gold items and can offer you a good deal on processing. I do not buy gold!! It will be returned as .999 gold for you to do with as you see fit. I take a percentage as my payment and the rest is returned to you. Anyway i have some reading to do and hope i can contribute to your forum in some way. Thanks for having me.

Ralph

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys. I was just reading through some threads after registering and happened to see this one. My name is Ralph and i'm a gold refiner by trade. If you looking to liquidate your gold filled i have to agree ebay is the place besides the fees the gentleman mentioned above. If owning or having physical gold is your objective then maybe i can help. i process all kinds of gold items and can offer you a good deal on processing. I do not buy gold!! It will be returned as .999 gold for you to do with as you see fit. I take a percentage as my payment and the rest is returned to you. Anyway i have some reading to do and hope i can contribute to your forum in some way. Thanks for having me.

Ralph

Welcome Ralph !
just a Friendly FYI 8-)
Probably not a good idea to make posts that sound like your advertising a business,
Unless you decide to at least become a charter member here.

other then that, I Hope you enjoy TreasureNet :thumbsup:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct about the 500 gram limit. Not sure if it is ARA though, as Dan has changed refiners to a local one where he lives.

I think I read on this forum that cyberdan sent GF TO ARA in lots over 500 grams? Maybee he can confirm this....Im always looking at eyglases, watch bands, chians etc,
im a looong way from 500g minimum but its fun hunting for it...

Yes, ARA will still get my GF. Even tho i use a refinery only 5 miles away I think they have a 5 lb min. on my yardsale GF I am at about 250 grams.

keep on looking it is out there, it does add up.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't ever buy gf items, or plated. Shops around here never buy them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions