14KT Bracelet for 1.00

mams5960

Greenie
Jun 17, 2011
My husband took our granddaughters garage sale shopping (they love it) on Sunday , which would be the last trip before school started. Stopped at a snimall garage sale and there was a bunch of jewelry on a table. I picked up a couple of old Avon pieces because my mother-in- law collects it. I saw a gold bracelet and it was priced a dollar. It looked like it was a good piece so I bough it. When we got to the car I saw on the clasp it was marked Italy and it had other lettering I couldn't quite make out. When I got home I got out my magnifying glass and saw it was 14 KT. Took it to the local jewelers on Monday morning and they gave me 159.00 for it. Not bad for a dollar.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all... Welcome to Treasurenet, I hope you stick around. Sounds like a great find. Unfortunately, if the jeweler gave you $159 for it, then it was probably worth 2-3 times that amount. But it was still a great profit for you nonetheless, congrats. :icon_thumleft:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Use the gold calculator but also deduct half a karat from your estimate. A good rule of thumb is you should pretty easilly be able to get 90% of that estimated value if you sell to a gold buyer. I am getting 93% locally.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, I love garage sales. I always check jewelry. I've gotten several gold pieces at sales for $1 or less that wound up being worth over $100. And a few that I've gotten that I sole for aroun $50. One time I got an 18k bracelet for 25 cents and sold it for $150. Those scores are always nice. Keep at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions