goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I was at my favorite salvation army shop this afternoon and I was pretty disappointed to see sky high prices on everything. However, I think I got a deal with this vase. I paid $5, which I would pay even if it wasn't collectable. However, this piece has some signs of age, such as a crackled finish and quality design. It does not appear to have any damage save a little staining around the lip. I can't read the maker's mark, or even start to guess at when or where this was made. If you can tell me anything of point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

HH
-GC
IMG_0097.JPG IMG_0096.JPG

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks more like ceramic than pottery to me. I don't know all that much about it though.

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is Ute Mtn. Pottery. If you type that in on google you can get the history. Basically in a valley on the Ute reservation between Mesa Verde and Ute. Mtn., founded in the 1970's to teach a skill and give extra income to the tribe members. Several on sale on ebay. They make traditional and modern pieces(like yours). Value? I would guess $25-$75, maybe more if CH(those initials) prove to be a successful potter. The printed words say "Ute Mtn. Tribe, the 32 I don't know and the CH is probably the person who made it.
By the way, you done good. It is beautiful, spiritual and collectors will buy it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is Ute Mtn. Pottery. If you type that in on google you can get the history. Basically in a valley on the Ute reservation between Mesa Verde and Ute. Mtn., founded in the 1970's to teach a skill and give extra income to the tribe members. Several on sale on ebay. They make traditional and modern pieces(like yours). Value? I would guess $25-$75, maybe more if CH(those initials) prove to be a successful potter. The printed words say "Ute Mtn. Tribe, the 32 I don't know and the CH is probably the person who made it.
By the way, you done good. It is beautiful, spiritual and collectors will buy it.

Thank you Chisos, you nailed it!

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread