jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Last time I posted a coin cutout of a Morgan silver dollar. It was a replica pendant.

Today I stopped by my gold buyer to take advantage of the PM spike and cash in my remaining gold. While I was there I noticed a coin cutout of a Peace dollar on the table. After inquiring whether it was for sale, I was told $10 and it was mine.

This one is a cutout of an authentic silver Peace dollar. Pretty cool and money well spent I think!

Attachments

• peacecutout.jpg
    peacecutout.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 231

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a lot of these at street fairs and the more "homemade" jewelry shops. They're usually halves and quarters though, don't think I've seen any dollars.

Have you weighed it? You might have more than $10 worth of silver there!

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a lot of these at street fairs and the more "homemade" jewelry shops. They're usually halves and quarters though, don't think I've seen any dollars.

Have you weighed it? You might have more than $10 worth of silver there!

It is roughly $12 in melt/scrap value. Nice, I think this is the first time my "gold guy" sold me silver under spot!

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! BTW, what price guide do you use for MTG cards? And what minimum price do you recommend selling cards at? Have you had any luck selling the 50 cent cards individually?

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! BTW, what price guide do you use for MTG cards? And what minimum price do you recommend selling cards at? Have you had any luck selling the 50 cent cards individually?

I like StarCityGames.com but have also used TrollandToad.com and ABUGames.com.

If you want an easy way to sell a collection, take all your cards that you think might be valuable and make a big pile. Look up all those cards on StarCitygames.com and put every card over $1 in one pile and the rest in another bulk pile (set all the rares aside in the bulk pile). Then sort out the value pile by $10+ cards. I recommend you sell any card over $10 on ebay or maybe even craigslist. Any cards under $10, try to see if any online stores have those cards on their buylist. Bulk rares are worth between 10-12 cents each. The rest of the bulk pile will be worth very little and might not even be worth your time to ship them. Maybe sell them on craigslist as a starter/beginner collection.

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, I hadn't checked out TrollandToad or ABUGames. I ended up using this guide. Put it into a spreadsheet and cataloged my cards beside it. Pulled anything with a price of $1 or more, then double-checked completed listings on eBay for anything with a "Raw Number" of 1. Ended up with a stack of about 30 $1+ cards (or 4-card playsets of $1+), and four or five $10+ cards. I'm still not too familiar with the selling process, so I'm taking my time with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions