M

mtholen

Aug 17, 2012
Greenvile, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 501
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought it cause it was neat, i metal detect mainly, i looked it up after i bought it. Mine has a black marble and on the bottom it says 10 oz 11 A2 33, does that mean anything? Do the fake ones have made in india and the colored balls? Thanks for your help!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I bought the one's I bought. Nothing wrong with that. Is it the one with the eagle that has a trefoil (radiation warning symbol) hanging from it's beak? If so it's a repro or at least it's not old, put it that way. That symbol wasn't invented until the late 40's, early 50's. Here is the only example of a real one I could find -

newsomes2.jpg

versus the repro's-

el newsome.jpg

OP
OP
M

mtholen

Aug 17, 2012
Greenvile, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 501
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your help, looks like i have a reproduction, still looks cool though

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your help, looks like i have a reproduction, still looks cool though

Is there a thread on the forum with common reproductions? I have one of these as well ---- and unfortunately I paid a lot more than $2.00 for it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a thread on the forum with common reproductions? I have one of these as well ---- and unfortunately I paid a lot more than $2.00 for it.
I don't think so. But maybe we should start one on the bottles and glass forum. There are many fakes nowadays of just about everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions