Murano glass??

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I found this glass tea pot?? at a sale late on sunday. Its hand painted with the signature on the bottom. There was also a small vase that was with it also hand painted but in green glass and it had a murano paper sticker. Does anyone reconize the signature and would you call it a tea pot or ?? Pot is 7" and glass is 3 1/2" high

002.JPG 003.JPG

My camera's battery died before I could get shots of the vase.

Last edited:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I found this glass tea pot?? at a sale late on sunday. Its hand painted with the signature on the bottom. There was also a small vase that was with it also hand painted but in green glass and it had a murano paper sticker. Does anyone reconize the signature and would you call it a tea pot or ?? Pot is 7" and glass is 3 1/2" high

View attachment 677989 View attachment 677990

My camera's battery died before I could get shots of the vase.
What do you mean it had a murano sticker on it? don't tell me you removed it

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lav. a. Mano translates roughly to "hand made or made by hand. The A.Z. would be the artists initials. It could be a tea or even a chocolate pot. It is an Italian piece of art glass. I have seen similar (ruby red with 24k gold and hand painted enameling) pieces like this before. I read about someone who purchased theirs in Venice in the 60's, it was a vase or decanter I believe. Same exact styling. Here is a piece on eBay with a very similar decoration like yours. Of course I have never heard the term "Bohemian Murano" so I don't know what that's about, maybe he just fishing with key words in his listing.
Murano Bohemian Red Signed Vase Sergio Zane Lav A. Mano Cranberry Flowers Gold | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread