Vintage or Antique Mini Household items.

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know anything about these other than I got them all in a baggie for $1.00. I don't know if they have any value or anything about them. The metal that isn't brass, is malleable if you pressed hard enough you could bend some of it.

I believe the gameboard is Marble I paid $1.00 for it. It was VERY heavy.

Please share if you have any comments or knowledge!

Attachments

• mmini's (77).JPG
    mmini's (77).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 180
  • mmini's (78).JPG
    mmini's (78).JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 362
  • mmini's (66).JPG
    mmini's (66).JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,143
  • mmini's (67).JPG
    mmini's (67).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 193
  • mmini's (68).JPG
    mmini's (68).JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 177
  • P1280819.JPG
    P1280819.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 171
  • P1280821.JPG
    P1280821.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 165
  • P1280829.JPG
    P1280829.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 171
  • P1280599.JPG
    P1280599.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 161
  • P1280602.JPG
    P1280602.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 137
  • P1280602b.JPG
    P1280602b.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 665
  • P1280604.JPG
    P1280604.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 162
  • P1280606.JPG
    P1280606.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 187
  • P1280607.JPG
    P1280607.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The plastic violin-NO! Everything else is wonderful. Looks like pewter, but if not it is still cool. Is that an onyx chessboard they are sitting in? Coooooooooool stuff. Now you have to go to the pulga(flea market) here or there. Here a table is $20, but go on Wednesday to Mission Open Air Market because that's Dealer Day and you will sell out in an hour. That stuff is HIGHLY collectible because people love to make little scenes, give them to their kids or give them as gifts, decorate the casa(house), resell them. Ya done good. The indian stuff is hot down here now.

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plastic violin-NO! Everything else is wonderful. Looks like pewter, but if not it is still cool. Is that an onyx chessboard they are sitting in? Coooooooooool stuff. Now you have to go to the pulga(flea market) here or there. Here a table is $20, but go on Wednesday to Mission Open Air Market because that's Dealer Day and you will sell out in an hour. That stuff is HIGHLY collectible because people love to make little scenes, give them to their kids or give them as gifts, decorate the casa(house), resell them. Ya done good. The indian stuff is hot down here now.
I am actually in Wisconsin, so hitting those flea markets would be a bit rough! LOL I believe the game board is Marble I paid $1.00 for it. It was VERY heavy. The metal that isn't brass, is malleable if you pressed hard enough you could bend some of it. I am not sure if Pewter bends easily or not. Thanks again for replying and sharing your thoughts.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Still think the game board is onyx from Mexico. They sell them here with carved onyx chess pieces. By the way, yes, the toy car had tires, the trunk is valuable. They sell here for $275-$450, depending on how bad someone wants it, it locks and unlocks with a skeleton key or possibly a flat key of the period. Both are available. Want some unsolicited advice? Find an antique store that looks fairly prosperous and see if they have any space to rent. Usually it is pretty cheap to do so. They watch your stuff(you tag it, they sell it, you get money at the end of the month)and the most you'd have to do is work a couple of days a month. But you can show up every day if you wish. I say this because you have some interesting things that would sell. Anyway, just an idea. I am out of the business, retired from 30 years as an educator, but still get excited by cool stuff. That trunk IS awesome...

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still think the game board is onyx from Mexico. They sell them here with carved onyx chess pieces. By the way, yes, the toy car had tires, the trunk is valuable. They sell here for $275-$450, depending on how bad someone wants it, it locks and unlocks with a skeleton key or possibly a flat key of the period. Both are available. Want some unsolicited advice? Find an antique store that looks fairly prosperous and see if they have any space to rent. Usually it is pretty cheap to do so. They watch your stuff(you tag it, they sell it, you get money at the end of the month)and the most you'd have to do is work a couple of days a month. But you can show up every day if you wish. I say this because you have some interesting things that would sell. Anyway, just an idea. I am out of the business, retired from 30 years as an educator, but still get excited by cool stuff. That trunk IS awesome...
It very well could be onyx, I always assumed marble because of how heavy it was. I figured for a dollar I couldn't go wrong! Thanks for the advice, we will be back in Texas in November, maybe I should bring the trunk with me! It is very clean inside, it doesn't stink like so many others I have come across. It really is a beautiful piece. People who claim to be experts, say it is in its original condition, that is has not been restored as far as they could tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread