OFFICIAL EBAY THREAD! Post your finds, sales and PROFITS :)

Nickel Searcher 219

May 25, 2012
I bought an unsearched wheat penny roll on Ebay for 6 dollars,amd found 4 indians.I sold em to my friend for 6 bucks.44 wheat penny profit.lol

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Machin Mills copper for $17 and sold it for $1,700.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
My biggest sale was to trade a three pin set for the torch relay for the 2004 Olympics for $330. Cost me three pins from my trading stock, or about $.10.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recent sales- High end Christmas ornaments lot bought for $5 each last spring.
Total sales on the first 17 ornaments last week... $960 so far.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Machin Mills copper for $17 and sold it for $1,700.
Nice! Did you spy it on eBay? For those who aren't familiar with the Machin's Mills "coinage", it's an interesting read. Here is a link-
Colonial Coins - Section Contents read the six articles in the section titled "Imitation British Coppers Made in North America".

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Did you spy it on eBay? For those who aren't familiar with the Machin's Mills "coinage", it's an interesting read. Here is a link-
Colonial Coins - Section Contents read the six articles in the section titled "Imitation British Coppers Made in North America".

Yes, and the only reason I got it so cheap was because it was listed on the German ebay, in German. Had it been somewhere where it would have been seen I definitely wouldn't have got it so cheap, or not at all, just no one else recognized it for what it was where it was. I think it was actually 7 Eoros I got it for, now that i think about it. My last second snipe was set equivalent to $750 and it was a great feeling when the total only went from 5 to 7 Euros. Then it's the week or two wait hoping it arrives ok, and of course it did. Had it been just one step higher on the rarity scale it probably would have been closer to a 5k coin, but I gladly took what I got.

tattooedmomma

Aug 5, 2008
I bought a ww2 Italian navy wings pin. You all identified it for me!!!!! I bought it for 6$ sold it for 220$

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a Sleigh Bell at a flee market for $1, at the time I did not know what it was only bought it because it had a great tone . Almost kept it but decided to put it on fleebay for fun not expecting to sell it. In two hours had a bid of $80. It was Christmas time so I wrapped it up in a gift box and put it in another box for shipping.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I just started listing some items this weekend (first time since March). I like having no insertion fees as a result of the 12 free pictures per auction now. Already sold 1 DVD box set (paid $1, sold $45). If I sell something interesting, I will post back with updates. Putting together a "junk drawer lot" for this weekend.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I sold a Kitchen Aid Mixer for $160 plus shipping. Found it last Saturday for $50. Had a great weekend this week too. Found an Affliction Leather Jacket. Limited edition hand embroidered. Paid $150 for that and some other stuff. The other stuff is on Amazon now for $250, the Jacket has a bid of $150. I also picked up several watches, new in box. MSRP is in the $300 to $500 range. I paid about $10 each. They still have the tags and everything.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started listing some items this weekend (first time since March). I like having no insertion fees as a result of the 12 free pictures per auction now. Already sold 1 DVD box set (paid $1, sold $45). If I sell something interesting, I will post back with updates. Putting together a "junk drawer lot" for this weekend.

I like Junk Drawer Lots. They are easy to pack and ship and just fun putting a bunch of stuff together.

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not do ebay much anymore since they starting requiring paypal. When I sold off my Japanese militaria collection I got $497 for a rifle sling I had paid $3 for at a gun show. I had about $30K of Japanese Militaria I sold on ebay over about a 6 month period of time. Some I lost money on some I broke even on some went really well. I now sell most of the cool stuff I find on gunbroker.com fees much lower, no paypal and I have never had an item kicked off. Once had a stock for a .22 rifle kicked off ebay 3 times even though they said in the rules it was okay. That really makes me upset. Did just sell a Rolex on Ebay for $2909 that I paid $350 for but the fees between ebay and paypal were about $350 and I paid a expert $50 to authenticate it for me before I even considered listing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread