Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see it before hand, and know it was probably good, or was it a complete bonus? That was something I brought up on another thread, that the more volume you do the more chance an unexpected score will show up.

I would love to have $5.00 boxes like that to sort through. They'd literally need a truck to deliver all I would buy! $5.00 is just my typical shipping fee, if I'm lucky.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed it when I poked in the box but didn't know anything about it. I was bundling. I put the 4 movie star photos on the table and added a box of old stamps and then added that box and an old Chinese "chop" and told the guy how about $1 for esch of these and $5 a box. He was more than happy.

In the box with the pin I found another vial with gold in it (I did a post a few weeks ago about a vial of gold nuggets) but this time the amount is so small it will not register on my gram scale. About 15-20 pieces much smaller than a grain of sand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on that box of coins. So far $60 worth of old silver canadian and British coins. I have about 10 more to check that look like silver from other countries.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Foreign coins have always produced very well for me, even at coin auctions where dateless buffaloes go for $3 a piece.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions