See how many are watching an item on eBay...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah very cool, and I just used it! I'm waiting to bid on something and see only 14 views, and 2 watchers. Considering there is 1 bid, if that accounts for the other watcher, I'll probably only have to beat him. Now to go search something I want much more ending soon. Unfortuntely whether it''s 1 or 1,000 watching it only takes 1 to ruin the day!

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got that right!

It can be frustrating too, when you think you got a real chance of stealing it, and then you end up losing, or paying your full bid. The other day I bought something for over $400 and I paid my max right to the freakin dollar. In fact, the other bidder might have bid the same and pushed me over. Even worse, I didn't think anyone would be in range so didn't really think about my bid, just typed in a high number. :laughing7:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should be added to the master list thread. I've asked one of the admin to make it a sticky.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After much thinking about this, I'm not quite as exited as I was, as it really doesn't not offer any real advantage. It's definitely something I couldn't have imagined existed, I just wish it was more a real tool than a toy.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
much harder to "steal" something on ebay nowadays. When I started 15 years ago, you could find a number of bargains by searching for common misspellings.

Though I don't buy too much anymore, I still use a "sniping" software program, when I do. After watching my ex get ridiculously emotional about others bidding (not the item, per se), I really learned the value of setting my max price and not broadcasting my desire/intentions to others.

I never place a bid more than 5 or 6 seconds before an auction ends, nor do I need to use a watch list.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never place a bid more than 5 or 6 seconds before an auction ends, nor do I need to use a watch list.
I agree, my bid confirmation goes in when it hits 2 seconds left, don't use any sniping software, never needed any. I don't even try to "steal" anything for resale on eBay anymore, I find enough locally, cheaper. I don't need a watch list either but it is fun to use. It can be utilized in other ways too, if you are into certain types of research. Help comes in all forms if you think outside the box.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
much harder to "steal" something on ebay nowadays. When I started 15 years ago, you could find a number of bargains by searching for common misspellings.

Though I don't buy too much anymore, I still use a "sniping" software program, when I do. After watching my ex get ridiculously emotional about others bidding (not the item, per se), I really learned the value of setting my max price and not broadcasting my desire/intentions to others.

I think it's a combination of a lot of things, but probably much more competition and smarter competition. When I started there was only a few types of things I shopped for, and it was just as much about buying it at point A, and selling it at point B, than having a lot of knowledge. But as the years went on things slowly changed, and at the level I started at there's no way I could survive doing this now. These days I buy many many more types of items and have a very good idea of what they're worth when I bid. Now my biggest problem is time because there's only so much one person can do, and it's not really the type of thing you can hire people to help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread