Parcel Post changing to Parcel Select

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a message when listing something on ebay

USPS will discontinue Parcel Post service as of January 27, 2013. Active listings with Parcel Post will automatically be updated to the new comparable replacement service—Parcel Select®—which will be available in the selling flow and shipping calculator as of January 27.

Know that the new Parcel Select service will not be available for purchase through eBay Labels until March. Sellers that wish to utilize this service before it is available via eBay Labels—and sellers who have sold items with the Parcel Select service—will need to go to the Post Office or an alternate online postage provider (i.e. Pitney Bowes, Endicia.com, Stamps.com, etc.) to purchase this class of service. Also, be sure to upload tracking information within your stated handling time. If you would like to continue to take advantage of the convenience of eBay Labels until Parcel Select is added to the eBay Labels system, consider temporarily offering a similar service.

What a pain in the Ass :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this? just some new marketing name so they can charge more?
More than likely
here is an ebay page on changes
Shipping Change BS

From USPS Website
"
Q. What is the overall average increase for each domestic Shipping Services product and service?

Express Mail – 5.8 percent.
Priority Mail – 6.3 percent.
Parcel Select – 9.0 percent.
Parcel Return Service – 4.8 percent.
First-Class Package Service — 3.0 percent.
Standard Post – 21 percent.
Premium Forwarding Service –10.5 percent increase (only weekly reshipment prices increase).
Address Enhancements Services – 3.7 percent to 17.7 percent, depending on the service.
Competitive Post Office Box Service – 2.6 percent. "

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Competitive Post Office Box Service – 2.6 percent. "
Wonder what that is too?
I thought if a company wanted to be competitive they lowered the price!
I have a P.O. box and a great selling point they has was everytime I got something I would get an email. It only worked the first 2 times and has not worked since. They always seem to have an excuse why a certain piece did not send me an email.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USPS will discontinue Parcel Post service as of January 27, 2013. Active listings with Parcel Post will automatically be updated to the new comparable replacement service—Parcel Select®—which will be available in the selling flow and shipping calculator as of January 27.

Know that the new Parcel Select service will not be available for purchase through eBay Labels until March. Sellers that wish to utilize this service before it is available via eBay Labels—and sellers who have sold items with the Parcel Select service—will need to go to the Post Office or an alternate online postage provider (i.e. Pitney Bowes, Endicia.com, Stamps.com, etc.) to purchase this class of service. Also, be sure to upload tracking information within your stated handling time. If you would like to continue to take advantage of the convenience of eBay Labels until Parcel Select is added to the eBay Labels system, consider temporarily offering a similar service.

What a pain in the Ass :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
I think this is BS. So, what they are saying is, you will no longer be able to ship parcel post anymore? Since the "new" parcel post is actually called "standard post" and I don't see that mentioned anywhere. Now we will have to use "parcel select"? Isn't that they're shipping service that business's use for bulk mail? Am I missing something here? I'm confused.

https://www.usps.com/business/parcel-select.htm

Parcel Select
On average, Parcel Select prices will increase by 9.0 percent. Parcel Select is the Postal Service’s bulk ground shipping product primarily for destination-entered parcels. The Postal Service’s traditional competitors UPS and FedEx are the largest users of Parcel Select, typically bringing packages sent by large retailers to Postal Service destination delivery units (DDUs) for USPS to deliver to residential addresses.

Standard Post (formerly named Parcel Post)
The Postal Service transferred Parcel Post from the market dominant product list to the competitive product list and renamed it Standard Post. Standard Post now is no longer part of Package Services and stands alone as a service. The overall average price increase is 21 percent. These parcels will receive free USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation just as other competitive product parcels do. Standard Post will not appear on postage statements as it is designed as a “retail” product with payment by stamps or meter and is deposited only at the retail counter or picked up by Package Pickup (formerly named Carrier Pickup).

OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It gets better! I have to ship something parcel tonight and ebay will not allow me to use parcel
even though it is supposed to be available till the 27th

Thanks for absolutely no warning ebay! you suck donkey nuts!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It gets better! I have to ship something parcel tonight and ebay will not allow me to use parcel
even though it is supposed to be available till the 27th

Thanks for absolutely no warning ebay! you suck donkey nuts!

Ebay didn't change their policies, USPS did, so why blame them?

OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay didn't change their policies, USPS did, so why blame them?

I blame ebay for not giving more than one day's notice that Parcel Post will not be available.
A little heads up would have been nice. I have items still listed that need to be shipped parcel

I blame the USPS too!

OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI
Ebay Shipping doesn't allow me to purchase parcel (It lets me select it but not buy it)

Paypal Shipping still works for parcel (for now)

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Stamps.com is doing a 4 week free trial and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? The only reason I would use them is apparently you can pay for shipping and create labels for the new parcel select. Which is strange because on the stamps.com website they give you their price for parcel select but when you look at the post office/retail price it is NA? My thinking is the 4 week trial would almost get me through until ebay lets you pay online for it.

I never used stamps.com because it would cost me more using them than ebay labels.... and I would have to pay $15.99 monthly fee to pay more.

So it might be worth it for a least the free trial period so you can print out parcel select labels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread