Found one of these at the goodwill bin :)

bethnbijoux

Nov 26, 2012
Just west of Cowtown!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the what?!? Man, I don't get it! If people have too much money and don't know what to do with it other than spend $190 on journals and expensive milk, I would be glad to send them my address. I will help them out with their dilemma!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure but listed it here Hewlett Packard HP 200LX Palmtop PC 2MB RAM Personal Assistant PDA Computer 0088698037843 | eBay My wife also found a western hemisphere book journal brand new no markings only 1 other listed on amazon for $420.00 used $190.00 :) could be our most profitable trip yet!

Here's the deal with some of the Amazon prices and why there are so high and most times pretty outrageous..

Many of the "sellers" do not even have the item in their possession that they are selling. They look on Amazon, see 5-10 others selling a product then they make a listing and put some outrageous price on it in hopes that someone with "bite"... and they do sometimes... They collect their money and when they get done laughing at the buyer they do one of two things. They either A) buy one from someone on Amazon at a fraction of the price (because the buyer was too lazy to do the research themselves, and yes it happens) and have the seller send it to the buyers address...similar to drop shipping. Or B) they buy the item off Amazon at a fraction of the price, have it shipped to them then they ship it to the buyer. There are a lot of people that sit around and make high dollar listings for items that sell for MUCH less money listed right next to it. Some less than intelligent buyers are stuck on "you get what you pay for" and have no clue what's happening.

I'm not saying that your particular item isn't worth what you found through research but remember what I just told you and you'll start noticing some of those listings... Many of them are for books..

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I have noticed that too, I make sure I have all items on hand and I used to actual isbn to look it up, would be nice if it does sell :)

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting on the journal. I can't seem to find any information on if there are actually collectors of Paperblank Journals. I checked around it seems several of the older versions are listed for very high prices on Amazon. I wonder if each one is a limited run?

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting on the journal. I can't seem to find any information on if there are actually collectors of Paperblank Journals. I checked around it seems several of the older versions are listed for very high prices on Amazon. I wonder if each one is a limited run?

Im not sure, if you find anything please let me know, thanks for looking it up... its cool and all with tied binding but I wouldnt say $200-400 cool lol...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone should buy this one: Journal Maps Western Hemisphere Paper Blanks | eBay
and make over $400 reselling on amazon.

The milk thing is a known amazon joke. At least amazon seems to have a sense of humor because they let it continue after all these years.

No, buy all three and make over $1,200.

Here's one for you. What do you think my signed copy would bring? :)

Military Buttons of the American Revolution: Amazon.ca: Don Troiani, Michael J. O'Donnell: Books

Price at a Glance
List Price:CDN$ 39.69
Used:from CDN$ 2,284.06

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread