Advice Wanted on 1930s era auto parts book

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Advice Wanted on 1930's era auto parts book

I am still piecing out a large load of stuff that I bought at an estate sale.

I am trying to figure out what to do with an auto parts book that lists aftermarket car parts that was printed in the late 1930's.

This is the type of book that an auto parts shop would keep on the counter to look up parts. It is not a factory dealer parts manual. This one lists car, truck and tractor parts from all manufacturers from Ford, De Soto, Packard, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, International Harvester, Advance Rumley and Allis Chalmers.

The book does list detailed valve and bearing sizes for each model engine.

I know this book doesn't have much monetary value, but I am trying to figure out:

1. Why someone would want this book since it doesn't have manufacturer part numbers
2. How and where to list this on ebay
3. Approximate value.

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd probably list it under Collectibles/ Automobilia/ Manuals or similar.
Without seeing it, I couldn''t guess at value.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be a nice collectors item if it is in good condition. As far as value, if I was to ask you what you want for it at a garage sale, what would you charge? Sometimes you just have to pick a price and go from there. You can always start high and lower the price if needed. It took me over a year to sale some Studebaker gauges since there is a limited market for those. May be the same for your parts book.

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds very cool. Hit the right group, like a Model A club, and they'll be fighting over it.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thank you for the replies!!!!!

I think I am going to pop the manual on ebay, and just get it sold. I think I'll run an auction and just see what happens.

Again, thank you!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions