Baseball glove Autographed

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I picked this up the other day.. it has what looks to be 2 autographs but I don't know if it was some kids messin around or it could be a major player.. anyone who might know please reply.. thank you baseball mitt 001.jpg baseball mitt 003.jpg baseball mitt 004.jpg baseball mitt 004.jpg baseball mitt 002.jpg

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you could send the pics to some sports dealers and if it is a goodie, they will reply. Just a thought.
apush

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
What city/area did you get the glove and I can't quite make out the number on the one autograph. Knowing area and number of player would make it much easier to find.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What city/area did you get the glove and I can't quite make out the number on the one autograph. Knowing area and number of player would make it much easier to find.

It looks like 48 to me. There a website thatshows all major league players who wore each number... we at least they show 48, because I looked at it. Nothing stood out, but maybe in person it would make a difference.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
It looks like 48 to me. There a website thatshows all major league players who wore each number... we at least they show 48, because I looked at it. Nothing stood out, but maybe in person it would make a difference.
I can't think of anyone famous that wore 48. Those kind of numbers are generally reserved for middle relief pitchers.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I got the glove in south central Pa.. cities when in 2-3 hrs from me would be harrisburg, Baltimore, Washington D.C. HAGERSTOWN PITTSBURGH AN Philly

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I did some research and the bottom one might be Rajai Davis. The J doesn't fit so well but not sure either if that first letter is an R or P. Also it might help your search a little I think that top signature is from a lefty from the angle. So if you can find a lefty with the number 48 that might limit the pool of possible players.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bottom auto may be Phil niekro. May be worth looking into. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread