Best yard sale find ever!

Sensitive38

Mar 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say my greatest find came from an online auction site similar to ebay (not ebay though), and I was able to purchase an Italian Art Nouveau vase by a famous potter from about 1890 to 1900- Salvini. I am told that it would sell for a lot in Italy, but it sells well here in the states too. I also recently sold a Hopi Indian pot that I found at a yard sale and sold it to a gallery in California for $400. I also a few years back bought then sold a Native American California Mission Indian basket for $600. Those were my greatest finds and sells.

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
bought a lot of early ez rider bike magazines paid 35.00 made over 400.00 for the lot of em

I've had mixed luck with Motorcycle stuff. Real Harley gear is usually good to great (especially if it is unusual, vintage, or leather). Sometimes, it's been a bit off. I had a beautiful denim jacket from a Harley ride. It was about 8 years old, beautifully stitched embroidery, mint new without tags... I got all of $.99 for it (plus shipping).

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
This is up there too. $2 for a 17 gram 14k necklace.

image-3803629922.jpg

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far my best has been a couple silver dollars 1-1889 Morgan AU 50 and 1- 1989 Silver Eagle proof I got for 30 usd
I was wondering what everyone's best finds were! It encourages me to keep looking by reading everyone's posts. Mine was last year. A guy said he had a roll of old coins, they were dime size. He dumped out the roll, 3 were dimes most were half dimes, canandian silver 5 cents and other silver coins from before 1800. There were 60 total, he wanted a $1 each. I paid him and left. Stopped at the LCS and the guy offered $2300 for all. I didn't sell a one. One of the best was a 1800 us half dime. Some key date 5 cent canadian coins and some other nice dated coins. Best find to date!

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold a Bosson Chalkware head- Captain Pierre LeGrand on eBay for $105, paid $15 for it at an auction. Pretty good turn around on that one.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold a Bosson Chalkware head- Captain Pierre LeGrand on eBay for $105, paid $15 for it at an auction. Pretty good turn around on that one.
Nice! I bought a whole collection of 36 heads once, made over a grand on them. The best was Zapata I believe. Paid $40 for the whole lot.

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I bought a whole collection of 36 heads once, made over a grand on them. The best was Zapata I believe. Paid $40 for the whole lot.

They seemed to be very random, I bought 3. Capt. LeGrand, Romany, and Blackbeard. Blackbeard and Capt. LeGrand were newer- 1994 I believe, while Romany was from 1975... all in excellent condition. Made money off the newer ones, lost on the older one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread