Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best yard sale find ever!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2013
    193 times

Best yard sale find ever!

I was wondering what everyone's best finds were! It encourages me to keep looking by reading everyone's posts. Mine was last year. A guy said he had a roll of old coins, they were dime size. He dumped out the roll, 3 were dimes most were half dimes, canandian silver 5 cents and other silver coins from before 1800. There were 60 total, he wanted a $1 each. I paid him and left. Stopped at the LCS and the guy offered $2300 for all. I didn't sell a one. One of the best was a 1800 us half dime. Some key date 5 cent canadian coins and some other nice dated coins. Best find to date!

Charter Member
    us
    May 2012
    NE Ohio
    Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Tesoro Tigershark, Tesoro Golden uMax, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    Sounds cool. Pictures?

Mar 2013
    193 times
    No. They in sdb at bank

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    275 times
    Garage Sale Master
    I think my best find lately is up on Ebay now. A Lundberg paperweight vase. My best find ever was a coin I wrote about before... Paid $250, sold for $15,000 (20 years later).

us
    Jan 2012
    Western NC
    Garrett's
    180 times
    Metal Detecting
    I would post a few, but I refuse to share my secret money makers.
    Never buy anything you have to feed or paint. ---Old Hobo Wisdom---

us
    Sep 2009
    Salem Oregon
    ACE 250
    94 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte Deux View Post
    I would post a few, but I refuse to share my secret money makers.

come on...
    JOIN BOLO THRIFTING GROUP - A group on facebook that just shares items to (be on look out) for to resell for profit https://www.facebook.com/groups/BOLOThrifting/

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    E-Trac, T2
    1459 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dejapooh View Post
    I think my best find lately is up on Ebay now. A Lundberg paperweight vase. My best find ever was a coin I wrote about before... Paid $250, sold for $15,000 (20 years later).
    Link to this story, please.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer
    367 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Found an old Hot Wheels carrier,the one shaped like a wheel with almost never played with Hotwheel cars on the inside,bought it for $5,sold it for $200 to a dealer,also a brand new still in the box "Pee-Wee Herman talking puppet,for $4 and sold it to the same dealer for $150.00,probably could have gotten more for Pee-Wee.
    Ruger454 likes this.

Mar 2013
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Guy View Post
    Found an old Hot Wheels carrier,the one shaped like a wheel with almost never played with Hotwheel cars on the inside,bought it for $5,sold it for $200 to a dealer,also a brand new still in the box "Pee-Wee Herman talking puppet,for $4 and sold it to the same dealer for $150.00,probably could have gotten more for Pee-Wee.
    I found hot wheels when I first started going to yard sales. They had red around the wheels and I though someone drew on them with marker. Then I gave them to good will!!! Stupid.

Jul 2012
    164 times
    I hate to boast without pictures, but about six months ago (before I started following this site), I picked up an original Bulova Accutron model 214 in an 18k case with an 18k band that had a 14k clasp. Didn't try to auction it, but sold the gold piecemeal for a total of $2200. Paid $10 for it. The posts I put this week, though, represent a very good week. I expect to get at least $500 for the Meiji vase (or at least my auction guy thinks so) and another couple of hundred for the jade foo dog. Already sold the letter opener for $50 and the bearing puller for $40. I'm saving the piano Spiedel display for my neice. Spent a total of, gas included $31.

us
    Feb 2013
    Utah
    88 times
    I once paid $10 for a large box of sports cards. I found some game used cards, mostly baseball and sold them all for a bit over $150.

The cream of the crop, however, was an autographed rookie card of Albert Pujols #'d to 300. After a bit of investigating I found out that only 50 of those cards had been signed! eBay auction ended at $565 for that one card.

Paid $10 for box and brought in over $700!

us
    Feb 2013
    Maryland/Vermont
    128 times
    Just started selling a few months ago, so nothing too wild yet. Found an Air Force Issued Cooper A-2 Bomber Jacket at a thrift store for $2, sold it for $130. Other than that, profits in the $5-$50 range are the norm right now. I just picked up a set of 12 matching Anchor Hocking Fire-King milk glass mugs at my local thrift store for about $4, those should get me something.

us
    Nov 2009
    113 times
    The wife called me one day a couple years ago & said she was at a yard sale looking at 3 cat pins that were marked 14k. She is afraid of fakes & wanted to know if she should buy them. I asked her how much & she told me $1 each. I sold them a week later for almost $400.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2006
    New York, NY
    Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III)
    204 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    A collection of 19th-20th century paintings, engravings and prints at a moving sale about 4 years ago. There are 62 pieces total and some of them are water damaged (some to the point of being useless). Paid $700.00 Sold one of them, a large tolouse lautrec signed piece, to a co-worker's wife for $4,000.00. I have a 1930's Jane Marny by Dom movie poster (huge 6 foot by 4 foot) in my parlor and several Frank Paton's in my office at work. I'm just sitting on the rest of them at the minute. They are hard to identify, but I know there is some real value in that collection.

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    275 times
    Garage Sale Master
    OK, The 2 vases have sold...
    truefabulous | eBay

I paid $100 for both of them, so I am pretty happy with that result.
    clovis97 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors