Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the local Goodwill today hoping to find some more silver and lightning struck twice for me, this time I didn't tell the clerk that it was silver LOL. I bought 6 drink coasters that is stamped "Marshall Field & Co. Sterling" and a sterling religious necklace.

Drink Coasters = $1.99ea
Necklace = $.99

I also bought a few other items that I thought was sterling but turned out to no be - 2 spoons that I guess are Nickle/Silver and a bowl that the bottom was covered with stickers but I did see "silver" but when I got home I seen it was plated LOL. Im new to thrift shopping so its alright by me. Thanks for looking guys and thanks for the guys that helped with letting me know not to tell the cashier about SILVER & also thanks to the guys that helped me with the nickle/silver spoons.

Happy Hunting guys!!!

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 4a.JPG
    4a.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 281

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might want to investigate those spoons a little further. It looks like they are hallmarked. I'm curious, what does it say on the top. (of the spoons). can't make it out.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to investigate those spoons a little further. It looks like they are hallmarked. I'm curious, what does it say on the top. (of the spoons). can't make it out.

Thanks for looking buddy, the top line of the spoons say "XLALL" , below is a clearer pix of it.

Attachments

• DSC01476.JPG
    DSC01476.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 263

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions