What ebay listings have you had removed?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once upon a time ago a voucher for an airline fare. I try not to fly anymore.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone familiar with Marvel Legends?

I have boxes of Action Figures, GI Joe, Star Wars and others. I will have to go thru the boxes to see if there are any Marvel Legends. Thanks for info.

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
First of all , with eBay are as many reason's to sell items as there are to pull them and these rules also are applied to other auction websites as well . Just like there are as many eBay basher's that whine about fees cause they think the opportunity to sell their stuff nation wide should be free . Or they don't like or refuse to work around their regulations . A lot of times sellers get their auctions pulled because of overcharging shipping costs , putting a item up cheap or bargain priced like say $9.99 for a item that sells on average for $99 and then charging $84 for shipping .
There are lots of competitive sellers on eBay who will try to find a way to pull your add, and if their claim is legit it's their policy to remove the auction post .
Selling new items to cheap even with exact shipping costs can have your auction pulled, regulations again . Sometimes the item is legit to sell but worded incorrectly . Or with non-lethal guns of any kind a RED PLUG needs to be put in the barrel , not just eBay rules but Federal laws .
The list of reasons ( some real and some stupid ) can go on and on . I have had auctions pulled and just relisted them and they sold without further problems . That's because there is only a slim chance someone will find your item and file a complaint about something in the first place . I love knives and bought quite a few Switchblades for sellers BEFORE their auction was pulled .
For me some people seem to enjoy bashing eBay every time they get the chance and feel they are smarter selling at Flea Markets or Craigslist . But with Flea Markets none brag about the spot/table fees or the time and gas they spend to get there . Those fees can take as much or more from their profits than eBay .
And Craigslist has way to many spam listings and offers and is a hassle to list multiple items . And with Craigslist your a target for thieves .
So at least for me eBay is still the best way to sell items nationally and internationally even with their rules and fees . I get to stay home and list and sell . I don't have to worry about the weather outside and the bargain pickers at the Flea Markets. And I don't have to hassle through the Craigslist email spammers . IMHO , Woodstock

Last edited:

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A set of Hustler cards. I screwed up and didn't put them in the Adults only catergory. Sold, no problem after going to Adults Only. ( This is not what I typically sell on ebay). I did sell them in a baseball/comic/metal detector store I owned in the 80's and 90's though.

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all , with eBay are as many reason's to sell items as there are to pull them and these rules also are applied to other auction websites as well . Just like there are as many eBay basher's that whine about fees cause they think the opportunity to sell their stuff nation wide should be free . Or they don't like or refuse to work around their regulations . A lot of times sellers get their auctions pulled because of overcharging shipping costs , putting a item up cheap or bargain priced like say $9.99 for a item that sells on average for $99 and then charging $84 for shipping .
There are lots of competitive sellers on eBay who will try to find a way to pull your add, and if their claim is legit it's their policy to remove the auction post .
Selling new items to cheap even with exact shipping costs can have your auction pulled, regulations again . Sometimes the item is legit to sell but worded incorrectly . Or with non-lethal guns of any kind a RED PLUG needs to be put in the barrel , not just eBay rules but Federal laws .
The list of reasons ( some real and some stupid ) can go on and on . I have had auctions pulled and just relisted them and they sold without further problems . That's because there is only a slim chance someone will find your item and file a complaint about something in the first place . I love knives and bought quite a few Switchblades for sellers BEFORE their auction was pulled .
For me some people seem to enjoy bashing eBay every time they get the chance and feel they are smarter selling at Flea Markets or Craigslist . But with Flea Markets none brag about the spot/table fees or the time and gas they spend to get there . Those fees can take as much or more from their profits than eBay .
And Craigslist has way to many spam listings and offers and is a hassle to list multiple items . And with Craigslist your a target for thieves .
So at least for me eBay is still the best way to sell items nationally and internationally even with their rules and fees . I get to stay home and list and sell . I don't have to worry about the weather outside and the bargain pickers at the Flea Markets. And I don't have to hassle through the Craigslist email spammers . IMHO , Woodstock

I agree with you 100%. Ebays fees don't bother me a bit when I can get national/international exposure on my items. I have not had to pay a listing fee for over a year now as a Top Rated Seller. I do not have an ebay store- don't need one. At 64 years old, there is no way I'm going to lug this junk back and forth to flea markets. I use craigslist once in a while, but mostly it's when I am giving stuff away for free. Ebay's not perfect, but it's the best for me right now.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
A bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee, pulled 4 hours before it ended. Pulled because of "copyright infringement and because DD couldn't 'verify' that it was the real thing or the freshness of it".

It had 5 bids, 2 watchers and was going for approx. $25.
.... $25.00 wow that should have been a 4 lb bag.......... I get 4 one lb bags at DD here for $29.99............ And i will not buy food off ebay .... You never know what is in it these days... As for ebay fees i don't mind you get a lot of people check out your items......

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
X2 on the no food from Ebay. I don't trust people that far...

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
.... $25.00 wow that should have been a 4 lb bag.......... I get 4 one lb bags at DD here for $29.99............ And i will not buy food off ebay .... You never know what is in it these days... As for ebay fees i don't mind you get a lot of people check out your items......

It was a few months back. Some limited edition flavor... "Strawberry Shortcake" I think. I got it on sale for $4, and got a sample of it a week later when someone brought it into work... Nasty.

I wouldn't buy food off eBay either...

- DS

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I second that notion. lol. It appears they aren't even old? How are they marked? There's so many different ones, I wouldn't know where to start...

Marvel Legends. Wikipedia has a page about them. I was lucky enough to see their potential when they first came out in 2000... Could buy them retail ( about $7.00 at the time) and make $10 to $30 profit on certain ones. They were easy to describe and ship. Now they cost $16.00!!! retail. In 12 years they went from $7.00 to $16.00 each... The hot toy now is LEGOS.

Mar 28, 2015
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
My eyeballs, knowledge, and google
Primary Interest:
Other
Stainless steel "Gambit ace throwing cards" they had sharpened edges and were pretty much throwing stars. This is when I learned about ebays policies for deadly weapons LOL whoops!!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ghettopoly Board game . They told me I could not use the word " ghettopoly" . So I re-listed it , as " Banned Board Game" with lots of pictures . Sold for $120.00 .

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ghettopoly Board game . They told me I could not use the word " ghettopoly" . So I re-listed it , as " Banned Board Game" with lots of pictures . Sold for $120.00 .
I guess it's not PC to make fun of ghetto's now. I guess, the only people that live in ghettos are black? I mean why else would it be banned, right? Jackasses! I'm glad you were able to skate around another one of eBay's ridiculous special interest bans. Here's the dope on the Ghettopoly banning and the supposed group that caused it's banning- 80-20 Initiative: Yahoo & eBay Shut Down "Ghettopoly,"THANKS TO YOU!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back I listed a 105mm Howitzer shell . Ebay pulled it - they said you can't sell bullet shells that can be re-loaded . I waited a year and listed it as '' Tramp Art Vase '' sold no problem .

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy stuff on Ebay all the time....just about as much as Amazon.

But when I'm selling....I go straight for Craigslist. Always sell fast and no middle man sticking his nose in my business.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back I listed a 105mm Howitzer shell . Ebay pulled it - they said you can't sell bullet shells that can be re-loaded . I waited a year and listed it as '' Tramp Art Vase '' sold no problem .
This is what happens when common sense is taken out of the equation. Reminds me of the zero tolerance laws they have in schools nowadays, but that's another subject.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*An old coin knife by Hickock - the blade was only 1" long half moon shape and the other side was a 1" fingernail file half moon shape. Said it was a hidden knife or something weird like that. There were dozens of similar ones listed. I ended up waiting about a year and re-listed/sold no problems.
*Jewelry piece I listed as ivory (oops!)
*underground dog fence because I used the words "Invisible Fence" which is patented by a different company or something like that. I contacted the company that reported my listing to eBay to find this out...Who knew?!
*Fake Louie Vuitton because I used the word "Fake". Donated it to second hand store.

Probably others I can't remember right now.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently helping my mom sell stuff on ebay, and she recently had a north face fleece pulled once because she wrote THE NORTH FACE instead of the north face, apparently the all caps is copyrighted. When she relisted with the fixed title, it got pulled again! When she called ebay they said "ebay has a partnership with the north face and it was decided that your item was not up to their quality standards". Heap of BS if you ask me, I've sold beat to crap north faces no problem.

This isn't ebay, but on etsy they have banned all sales of Washington Redskins merchandise due to the whole uproar about the insensitivity of the name. I had a hat listed and they pulled it, but for whatever reason when they pulled the listing they deactivated my whole store without my knowledge, didn't make any sales for a week because of someone's stupid mess up. Now all my redskins gear goes to ebay!

Last edited:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently helping my mom sell stuff on ebay, and she recently had a north face fleece pulled once because she wrote THE NORTH FACE instead of the north face, apparently the all caps is copyrighted. When she relisted with the fixed title, it got pulled again! When she called ebay they said "ebay has a partnership with the north face and it was decided that your item was not up to their quality standards". Heap of BS if you ask me, I've sold beat to crap north faces no problem.

This isn't ebay, but on etsy they have banned all sales of Washington Redskins merchandise due to the whole uproar about the insensitivity of the name. I had a hat listed and they pulled it, but for whatever reason when they pulled the listing they deactivated my whole store without my knowledge, didn't make any sales for a week because of someone's stupid mess up. Now all my redskins gear goes to ebay!

Apparently there are many fake The North Face items. As well as fake Patagonia, Arcteryx, and any other expensive brands of anything. There are people that watch the listings for specific brands and have them pulled if believed fake. Did your mom get hers new at a reputable store or a second hand store? There are web sites out there to identify the differences in "real" vs copies. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread