What ebay listings have you had removed?

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
Prada handbag

Antique 1880s Porter's luggage key (said it was some Federal law against terrorism).

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
A Boston police jacket. Bummer was it sold bin for $570 then it was flagged and refunded. Guess you can't sell authentic police jackets. I still have them for holloween! Also was an ivory pin.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Toy cap gun. There was Noooooo doubt, by the pics that this was an old toy, not a real gun.:BangHead:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mini pinfire guns, sold one of them after third attempt.
Replica FBI badge encased in lucite, desk display piece/paperweight.
Bone dice.
Cold steel knife lot had a Mini pal in it.
Coach bag, relisted it with no problems, changed nothing.

That's it off the top of my head, i'm sure there were others, years ago.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee, pulled 4 hours before it ended. Pulled because of "copyright infringement and because DD couldn't 'verify' that it was the real thing or the freshness of it".

It had 5 bids, 2 watchers and was going for approx. $25.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Billie Club
Dummie Rounds
Coach
Artillery Shell (sell as tramp).
P90X (it was boot-leg)
Vintage Political button, someone said was fake.
Fire Extinguisher (liquid)
Some other items that I can't remember.

I've noticed you can move some of these if you keep it to a 1 day auction, though Ebay is getting better at picking the items up earlier. I've had people contact me and buy it after delisted.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a couple, but can't remember exactly what they were. It's been a long time. I do remember they were from complaints by the manufacturer.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1971 sealed cigarette pack from Air Force One.
I saw one that sold earlier, so I thought I'd try.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Oh, I almost forgot about this one...which made my blood boil when it happened.

A Rosetta Stone program to learn Spanish. I picked up a kit with the CD/DVD's, the books, and the box.

Ebay yanked the listed because "Rosetta Stone said that it was counterfeit, and that I, as the seller, was not the original copyright licensee."

Man, I was ticked at the time, and I disagree(d) with the Federal law on copyright licensing.

In hindsight, I should have sold it as a BIN with an attractive price.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the above reasons is why I would never sell on e-bay. :icon_thumright:

I prefer the open "Black Market" :laughing7:

2Escudo

Greenie
Jan 23, 2010
North Coast, Oh.
Detector(s) used
Excaliber, Explorer2, Soverign, F75
New Zippos. Relisted them not saying new any where and they sold.

Colt AR15/223 Gun magazines. Yanked, cause I didn't put in how many rounds they held.
There lost, I got good prices selling at a flea market.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 more I remembered- Vintage photographic sets of nude women. Listed in correct category with correct wording in title. Relisted, didn't change a thing, and sold about a dozen sets of them.

I remember something else too once, just don't remember what item it was. It had something to do with Native Americans and the actual tribe they were from.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
1971 sealed cigarette pack from Air Force One.
I saw one that sold earlier, so I thought I'd try.
You didn't have any cigars from the oval office did you? :laughing7:

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I found a man and womans Rolex box and bag with all paperwork in a foreclosed cleanout, I listed the Mens on Ebay and had it up to around $75 in 2 days and then suddenly it was pulled, within an hour I was hit up through ebay by a guy from NY wanting to buy it.....other Rolex boxes were selling, I belive this NYer reported it to buy it off line from me

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Red Ryder BB gun many years ago ( 1998 ). This was before you had to put orange plugs on all toy guns. The bidding was up to $250.00... I didn't know at the time if it shoots a projectile, you can't sell it. Since then I have sold over $30,000 worth of stuff, not all of that was profit. I've made more money selling action figures then anything else. Is anyone familiar with Marvel Legends?

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunch of WWII / WWI Items Like Army Crates, Clips and Straps. I eventually figured out that it was the word "machine gun" which was kicking them.
Every once in a while I get a piece of Tiffany & Co. jewelry kicked. The worst part about that is that you are then sometimes banned from re-listing for 30 days. Very weird. Same thing with Chanel items. Those two brands seem to be very heavily audited.
Antique Firecraker Labels
An antique spring loaded fishing hammer ( I made the mistake of saying "work's like a switch blade" in the listing)
A pair of David Yurman earrings. My photos allegedly did not show enough a detail to confirm they were real. I re-posted with the original owner's receipt.
A rev war butt plate (again -- made the mistake of mentioning the weapon in the title)
Little over a carat of uncut diamonds from the 1900's. Never got an explanation on this one. Tried to re-list and they got bumped again. I still have them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions