Very good day at the garage sale on main.

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a garage sale on main today a little before the starting time just to be sure I got first look. I ended up with all the stuff pictured and only paid a whopping total of $11!! If anyone has any info on the bottles that would be great. The two Ball jars say "the Mason" on them with a Ball lid. The other bottle comes from the Golden Arrow Dairy in Cali. Also got two nice pieces of Frankoma pottery with the old bottles.

The other stuff is an acetylene setup from Victor. I will for sure be re-selling that!

IMG_0589.JPG IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0597.JPG

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
You made some really great finds. Wish I could help on the jars as far as the date. Sorry.

OP
OP
mammoth29

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe those are pre 1900 Mason's.

What makes you say that? I have looked and looked, and I cannot find anything identifying these bottles. Do you have any additional information?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own the Fruit jar collectors redbook anymore and I think I erred in my pre 1900 statement. I believe they are 1900-1920's. Is there a valve mark (small circular mark) on the bottoms like the photo shown? Do they have ground lips (rough versus smooth textured rim tops)? Any other markings anywhere including on the Ball lids?

mason.jpg

OP
OP
mammoth29

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a valve mark (small circular mark) on the bottoms like the photo shown? Do they have ground lips (rough versus smooth textured rim tops)? Any other markings anywhere including on the Ball lids?

There is a valve mark, I'm not really sure about the lips, and there is a Ball marking on the lid that does indicate early 1900's.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You can get some good money for the valves/torch heads. I scrapped a whole bunch of them not too long ago. Bought a tool box and they were buried at the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread