jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
First "big" haul of weekend this yard sale season.

Friday:

Stopped by my steady coin source for the past 3 years. Picked up the following (paid about 50% of retail):

-1877-S Trade Dollar (XF, cleaned)
-1875-S Twenty Cent Piece (VG-10)
-ladies Bulova 23 10k RGP watch, works in great shape (the band is also gold filled)

Went to an estate sale of a prominent area doctor. Sadly I got there a bit late and it was clearly picked over already. Still picked up the following:

-handwritten recipe book for $1
-bag of pens/pencils for $1, contained a gold filled Cross pen, and an 80s Parker fountain pen
-also bought a case of 7" reel tapes but I took them back because they turned out to be recordings of family events and the family running the sale was extremely pleased to get their stuff back - GOOD KARMA

Saturday:

Went to an "old money" townwide yard sale in one of my favorite areas in the whole state! Pretty much guaranteed to score when you hit this area. Picked up the following:

-Small "suitcase" of assorted jewelry for $5. Initially thought this would be a score of a lifetime but it ended up being lackluster. 98% of the jewelry was complete junk. Pulled out 3 sterling earrings (pictured) and a handful of halfway decent costume jewelry including some tiffany fakes.
-small vintage watering nozel - $1
-Beatles Anthology 2 - 2 disc set - $1
-2 coins: 1921 GB shilling (silver) and 1943 canada quarter (silver) - $2 each
-11 Craftsman wrenches plus 1 Snap-on wrench for $10
-2 FULL bottles of fullsize designer perfume - $1 each
-6 LPs - 60s music for my own collection
-ROOMBA Discovery 2.1 BRAND NEW IN BOX! - $30 (currently charging to make sure it actually works)

I was REALLY holding back on Saturday. I could have bought WAY more stuff. I was being extremely selective and I must have "passed up" about 30 items that I had considered buying. I probably went to about 50 houses all together. If I wanted to open a store I could have done so with the amount of sell-able stuff I saw on Saturday. In all honesty, I did not come across that big "score" I was really hoping for but either way I bought a bunch of stuff for my own collection and I had fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.JPG
    IMG_2958.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2959.JPG
    IMG_2959.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2961.JPG
    IMG_2961.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2962.JPG
    IMG_2962.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 150
OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Update:

The good news is that the Roomba works perfectly (might need a new battery).
The bad news is that the Roomba works perfectly and we are keeping it... ;)

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Keepers... Bane of my existence. My wife and kids send me out with instructions of what they want. If I take too long finding it, they will go out and spend REAL money buying a new one. This weekend, my big loss was a pod type coffee machine for my daughter (she wants to buy Hot Chocolate pods for it at $1 a piece!). I paid $5, could sell it for $50 easy, but no.

Sigh... These things are the rent I pay for going out at 6am on Saturday's...

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Keepers... Bane of my existence. My wife and kids send me out with instructions of what they want. If I take too long finding it, they will go out and spend REAL money buying a new one. This weekend, my big loss was a pod type coffee machine for my daughter (she wants to buy Hot Chocolate pods for it at $1 a piece!). I paid $5, could sell it for $50 easy, but no.

Sigh... These things are the rent I pay for going out at 6am on Saturday's...

What kind of pod coffee machine is it?

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did they just have the schilling and canadian quarter for sale on a table? Did they realize they were silver?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you on the keepers. Every time the wife buys something herself, it seems I never see it again. Yet she calls me a hoarder because I buy so much. I explain to her, i'm not a hoarder, our house is clean, my stuff goes in storage or the shed or the spare room. Most importantly, I have no attachment to any of it. Everything is for sale and has a price, even her if she keeps running that flapper. lol

Nice finds Ben. It all adds up eventually. I found 95 cents face in silver coinage myself over the weekend and a nice costume Panetta bracelet, a few perfumes, plus a couple gold filled Pens/pencils too. It seems were on the same page anyway!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread