best find of last weekend - Dear Wear antique leather fringe jacket, unworn paid $25

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and here's my best find of last weekend's garage sailing. Paid $25, I see it BIN on ebay for $300.00. any tips for photographing this one to get the best value? it shows no sign of ever being worn, the lady said her friend bought it in the early 80's for over $100 bucks. I had my GF pose with it but I'm not sure how happy I am with the pictures, maybe I would be better off just photographing it on a hanger? I want it to look professional because the item is so expensive and I'll be selling it as new without tags DSCF3430.JPG DSCF3439.JPG DSCF3440.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3432.JPG
    DSCF3432.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
  • DSCF3433.JPG
    DSCF3433.JPG
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF3436.JPG
    DSCF3436.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha yeah I'm glad ebay has a rotate image and crop function, since tnet doesn't I usually don't bother to edit my pictures before posting

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jacket. I don't know if I would list it as NWT though. Just list it as looks like new or shows no signs of wear. If you use your girlfriend to model the jacket, you need a plain, solid, light colored background behind her.

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jacket. I don't know if I would list it as NWT though. Just list it as looks like new or shows no signs of wear. If you use your girlfriend to model the jacket, you need a plain, solid, light colored background behind her.

Good idea, I was a bit tentative about that. yea I'm working on getting a little studio setup here, I may postpone the auction until I get better photos. although I'm still within my 50 free listings for this month so I guess it can't hurt

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. I wouldn't include "antique" as you posted here, as it is from the 80's.

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I wouldn't include "antique" as you posted here, as it is from the 80's.

good point, I think 'Vintage' would be more appropriate. I believe to be an antique something has to be 100 yrs. old, while at least 30 yrs. old is vintage. it's funny a car is considered classic at 25yrs. and antique at 30 yrs., but that doesn't apply to non-automobiles. probably due to the restricted lifetime of cars as compared to most items.

djarvis9

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay has a section under vintage clothing for the 1990s. Research it a bit and find out if might find more buyers in the contemporary category with vintage 80s in the title.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions