DSC05490.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 174
OP
OP
centfladigger

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
thanks, I googled and didnt come up with much, did see a few pieces on Ebay but no info, after I am done with this I will have the knowledge to pass on to whomever ask here,lol

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

This, from https://nasvete.com/signed-bartek-vintage-costume-jewelry/

Signed Bartek vintage costume jewelry

The history of the Bartek jewelry brand began in Connecticut in the early 1940s and lasted no more than two decades. It was the family business of Stephen R Bartek Jr (1912-1995) and his wife Frances (1911-1999). Living in Wallingford, New Haven County, the Bartek family had six sons – John, Robert, Steven, William, James and Richard. The founder of the company himself, Bartek Jr was the son of a blacksmith and learned the craft from his father, having decided to become a jeweler at a young age.

Noteworthy, in the late 1930s he already worked for the famous Napier jewelry company, which is confirmed by archival documents. According to them, Bartek was on the list of hired silversmiths. Thus, Bartek gained valuable experience in jewelry making, which allowed him to start his own business.

He set up his own workshop and opened a jewelry store in the early 1940s. Bartek led the company at least until the 1960s. One of the confirmation of this is the document of the Supreme Court of the State of Connecticut in 1955, where Bartek was the defendant as the owner of the company.

Handcrafted, high quality, stylish and rare, Bartek jewelry is collectible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread