Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be not to many have heard of ..Etsy... I never did......... But would it not be better to sell on Ebay pay your fee and sell your item...... Than to sell on Esty for a cheap fee and never sell your item...

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious about that site and others. Is there particular categories or something they are making a name for themselves in?

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I was thinking about selling on my eBay site but when I sell the item Mail a Card saying to check the Etsy site And offer discounted shipping or 5% off or something like that. 3.5% can be a big difference then 13-15% on some larger items. And I'm thinking maybe just listing straight coins and jewelry on the Etsy site.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started about a week ago. I sell predominantly vintage clothing, which etsy is fairly well known for. I've noticed people will pay a lot more on etsy than for equivalent items on ebay, it seems to be very focused on the photography and the sellers themselves. I haven't made a sale yet, but it's only been a week. I'll definitely keep this thread updated!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Isabella,
I have a small etsy store and I have seen other members' stores and links too, in the past.
Seems like some folks do REALLY well, and others just trudge along. I'm still finding my niche, so to say. LOL!
I would say read there TOU's, what's allowed, etc, and check their forums, to see if they would maybe be a supplement to your ebay sales. Come visit my store or convo me over there too, if you like.

I had wondered if we might be able to make a sticky thread with folks ebay and etsy store names, those that have them. That is, if folks wanted there ebay or etsy names noted here, or not...... I kind of always thought, I would rather do online business with ppl I know, or know from somewhere, than with strangers. (I also want to start a seed swap here, but that's a whole nother subject).
I just think it's good when fellow forum folks are able to network and help each other. There are so many amazing ppl here that do amazing things.

eta: The only reason I have a link on my sig is because I am a paying charter member (would not be right to do it, if one was not a charter member, or didn't give t-net their dues imho. I don't self promote with emails, messages, "come see my store, blah blah b;ah", all over t-net. I appreciate the charter member benefits. Ya'll do know you can buy and sell things here on t-net in the classifieds also, just saying)

Last edited:

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
When people hear I resell the jewelry I buy at sales lots of people ask if I sell it on Etsy. I haven't looked into it much, as I'm still working on getting eBay down, so I'd also love to hear what people think of it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To sell on ETSY, it either needs to be a handmade item, craft supplies or vintage (20 years or more).

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have vintage collectable miniature whiskeys that a need to sell. You can no longer sell whiskeys on eBay unless they are empty . Are there miniature whiskey sellers on Etsy?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have a small etsy store and I have seen other members' stores and links too, in the past.
Seems like some folks do REALLY well, and others just trudge along. I'm still finding my niche, so to say. LOL!
I would say read there TOU's, what's allowed, etc, and check their forums, to see if they would maybe be a supplement to your ebay sales. Come visit my store or convo me over there too, if you like.
Hello pat. You suggested I come here and I did.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says here we cannot see what items actually sold for so there is no way of knowing if anything on etsy will actually sell. Forum Topic - A way to search for items sold on Etsy?

To me that is not acceptable.

Yea, its a pretty big downside. You can see what people have sold, so if you get a general idea of how they price things and use some guesswork you can kind of figure it out, but it really isn't that helpful.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past while researching my items, i've emailed some of the sellers on ETSY and asked them how much a certain item they recently sold, sold for. Most of the time they answered.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It is my understanding that etsy is kind of like a cheaper version of BIN ebay for a more DIY crowd.

My wife tried to sell some hand knit items on there but due to the rediculously large number of others doing the exact same thing, she did not manage to make a single sale.

Etsy seems like a good idea on paper but I cant help but wonder who the actual customers are. Who is actually buying all the crafty hand made stuff?

I would love to hear from someone who has an etsy store who is selling a decent amount of merchandise through it.

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a month ago I came across an expensive button press and a bunch of supplies for $35.00. I was going to sell it, then decided to use it to make buttons and sell those instead. baselectstartbuttons is my etsy store, I have already paid for the button press so from here on out it is all profit. I have my sisters making the buttons and running the store :icon_thumright::coins:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread