2 Japanese Silk Watercolors, Bradley & Hubbard Brass Mirror, Royal Doulton Jester
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By war-digs-it
  • 1 Post By Sterling
  • 1 Post By vpnavy
  • 1 Post By desertmoons

Thread: 2 Japanese Silk Watercolors, Bradley & Hubbard Brass Mirror, Royal Doulton Jester

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9956 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

2 Japanese Silk Watercolors, Bradley & Hubbard Brass Mirror, Royal Doulton Jester

Hit a great yardsale today, these 3 are from that sale. Lady was basically giving stuff away and even pointed out a couple items that I didn't notice at first. Don't usually buy art, but for a $1 I couldn't resist. I doubt they are worth much but I like them. The B&H mirror was only $3. I paid $10 for the Royal Doulton Jester. I won't go into the rest of the stuff I bought over the weekend because you wouldn't believe it. Hell, I can hardly believe it. I'll just say it was a very good weekend, bordering on great! ... and I need a bigger house!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03861.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	420.4 KB 
ID:	818432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03822.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	818433Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03794_00.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	818434

Feb 2013
    391 times
    Great finds! I'm all psyched to see what you got this weekend.
    diggummup likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    central, CA
    144 times
    yard/garage/estate sales, soon to be addicted to metal detecting
    I thought at first is was the "Northwind", but after seeing the leafing Im settling on the 'Greenman". I like the Royal Doultan also, very nice job on that score!
    diggummup likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    15942 times
    Nice buys diggummup.
    diggummup likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

us
    Apr 2008
    177 times
    Time to sell yet diggum? lol.

Nice stuff! Reminds me of a garage sale I was at last week. This wonderful lady literally just kept giving me stuff. "Take this..oh here is another airline deck you forgot...oh and you can have these tropicana cards and those airplane models. And drafting tools. And..it just went on and on. . We had a wonderful long chat, I had bought a few pounds of beads and few other things from her, then she started piling on jewelry making tools and findings. It was funny because I HAD been thinking lately about getting craftsy and try to make some jewelry but did not really want to make too much of an investment in it.

Then I met her and her garage sale.

But actually the BEST thing I got from that garage sale was the great pleasure of getting to know her.

Now I HAVE to learn a little bit about jewelry making because I promised I would go back and show her what I made.
    diggummup likes this.
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet - Abraham Lincoln

um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9956 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I thought at first is was the "Northwind", but after seeing the leafing Im settling on the 'Greenman". I like the Royal Doultan also, very nice job on that score!
    Thanks and good eyes. I'm thinking it may be a green man too now.
    Quote Originally Posted by desertmoons View Post
    Time to sell yet diggum? lol.

Nice stuff! Reminds me of a garage sale I was at last week. This wonderful lady literally just kept giving me stuff. "Take this..oh here is another airline deck you forgot...oh and you can have these tropicana cards and those airplane models. And drafting tools. And..it just went on and on. . We had a wonderful long chat, I had bought a few pounds of beads and few other things from her, then she started piling on jewelry making tools and findings. It was funny because I HAD been thinking lately about getting craftsy and try to make some jewelry but did not really want to make too much of an investment in it.

Then I met her and her garage sale.

But actually the BEST thing I got from that garage sale was the great pleasure of getting to know her.

Now I HAVE to learn a little bit about jewelry making because I promised I would go back and show her what I made.
    Gotta love those types of sales. I'm not a real talkative type but the wife has the gift of gab, by the time she's done talking to people, she knows their whole life story, and vice versa. So I ride her coattails on the conversations, most of the time.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links