2 Japanese Silk Watercolors, Bradley & Hubbard Brass Mirror, Royal Doulton Jester

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a great yardsale today, these 3 are from that sale. Lady was basically giving stuff away and even pointed out a couple items that I didn't notice at first. Don't usually buy art, but for a $1 I couldn't resist. I doubt they are worth much but I like them. The B&H mirror was only $3. I paid $10 for the Royal Doulton Jester. I won't go into the rest of the stuff I bought over the weekend because you wouldn't believe it. Hell, I can hardly believe it. I'll just say it was a very good weekend, bordering on great! ... and I need a bigger house!

DSC03861.jpg DSC03822.jpg DSC03794_00.jpg

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I'm all psyched to see what you got this weekend.

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought at first is was the "Northwind", but after seeing the leafing Im settling on the 'Greenman". I like the Royal Doultan also, very nice job on that score!:icon_thumleft:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Time to sell yet diggum? lol.

Nice stuff! Reminds me of a garage sale I was at last week. This wonderful lady literally just kept giving me stuff. "Take this..oh here is another airline deck you forgot...oh and you can have these tropicana cards and those airplane models. And drafting tools. And..it just went on and on. . We had a wonderful long chat, I had bought a few pounds of beads and few other things from her, then she started piling on jewelry making tools and findings. It was funny because I HAD been thinking lately about getting craftsy and try to make some jewelry but did not really want to make too much of an investment in it.

Then I met her and her garage sale.

But actually the BEST thing I got from that garage sale was the great pleasure of getting to know her.

Now I HAVE to learn a little bit about jewelry making because I promised I would go back and show her what I made.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought at first is was the "Northwind", but after seeing the leafing Im settling on the 'Greenman". I like the Royal Doultan also, very nice job on that score!:icon_thumleft:
Thanks and good eyes. I'm thinking it may be a green man too now.
Time to sell yet diggum? lol.

Nice stuff! Reminds me of a garage sale I was at last week. This wonderful lady literally just kept giving me stuff. "Take this..oh here is another airline deck you forgot...oh and you can have these tropicana cards and those airplane models. And drafting tools. And..it just went on and on. . We had a wonderful long chat, I had bought a few pounds of beads and few other things from her, then she started piling on jewelry making tools and findings. It was funny because I HAD been thinking lately about getting craftsy and try to make some jewelry but did not really want to make too much of an investment in it.

Then I met her and her garage sale.

But actually the BEST thing I got from that garage sale was the great pleasure of getting to know her.

Now I HAVE to learn a little bit about jewelry making because I promised I would go back and show her what I made.
Gotta love those types of sales. I'm not a real talkative type but the wife has the gift of gab, by the time she's done talking to people, she knows their whole life story, and vice versa. So I ride her coattails on the conversations, most of the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread