The Gateway to History

AtrumVorago

Dec 19, 2012
We found this at a Salvation Army. Any info would be helpful. It is designed by E H Spencer, and it is on fabric. Thank you for your help in advance. We even thought about contacting the artist directly, but can't find anything. DSCF0111.JPG DSCF0112.JPG

66hotel

Mar 15, 2013
west centrsl,ms
Detector(s) used
fisher f2, garrett ace 150,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AtrumVorago,
I did a Google search for "E H Spencer, York, The Gateway to History." Found one that sold 08 June 2013 at Sheffield Railwayana Auction for about 200 dollar U S. The same image is in The National Railway Museum. Painting was done in 1955. It's not much help but maybe this will start you on your quest. Very nice "Sally Boutique" save. Hope this helps, Terry.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
There is an E.H. Spencer Car Dealership near me, PM for info. I'm not sure if it's the same E.H spencer though.

OP
OP
AtrumVorago

AtrumVorago

Dec 19, 2012
Thank you Terry for your help. It is greatly appreciated. I have contacted the York National Railroad Museum and I'm waiting for a response. I believe that I payed $5 or $8 for it VPNavy, I don't quite remember which. Thank everyone for your help, and I will post what I find about it.
:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
AtrumVorago

AtrumVorago

Dec 19, 2012
Went to the source, the York National Railroad Museum. All I got from them was links to all there web pages, and nothing about the picture. Still needing any info anyone can give. Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread