Hi all, new to posting!

lookin-for-treasure

Jun 30, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I'm a longtime lurker (about two years). I've really enjoyed this site especially the garage sale forum. You can say I'm a little slow as I've been reading everything the last few years but just now getting into going to the garage sales and seeing what I can find. I've found it's the thrill of the hunt that I enjoy. I have so much too learn and about all I know has come from this one site. Hopefully someday I can return the favor and contribute to this forum. Note to cyberdan, I've been inspired by your post to help raise money for your daughter for college. It is my hope that I'll be able to do the same. Thanks all for taking the time to read my post.

OP
OP
L

lookin-for-treasure

Jun 30, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I bought a box of old buttons for 1.00. I don't know a thing about them but it looked interesting and I've spent far more money on worst things in my life...lol. I'm having a time though trying to identify them though. If anyone knows of a good web site to help with identifying metal buttons I'd really appreciate it.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the g-sale madhouse. Tons of stuff to learn about here, I go back to the last pages and re-read often to find those things that I would just pass by at sales but now buy. There are some serious professionals on this forum!:notworthy:

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Welcome to the club. YS'ing for your daughter's education is getting to be a common theme. Cyberdan has also been a great help to me. In fact, I just got off the phone with him telling him of today's y.s. adventure. LOL

T.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Lurking for two years? What has taken you so long?

Glad to see that you joined up, so start posting, and post often!!!! We all can learn new things from you!

OP
OP
L

lookin-for-treasure

Jun 30, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lurking for two years? What has taken you so long?

Glad to see that you joined up, so start posting, and post often!!!! We all can learn new things from you!

I guess I was just shy...lol. just kidding. It has taken me that long to just start going out and looking for things. I've always not been able to get out on the weekends when the sales were going on. I'm now going to be able to get out more. I plan on being a participant here and not holding back about windows of opportunities that I have found so others here can capitalize too. I want to be a giver of information to help others that share this same passion.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yard_sale.gif
Time to get your butt out their and buy something lookin-for-treasure!
killingme.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread