vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Well, wouldn't that depend on what you are selling? I would also imagine that the winter keeps people indoors (in comparison to summer) - so, your buyer pool should be larger...

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I've heard that you make a lot more money waiting for winter to sell your stuff on eBay. Being semi-new to eBay selling, is it really worth my time waiting to sell?

Thanks!

While historically, summer months are slower for me. I had over $9,000.00 in sales in June.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer is slow but if I waited until winter to sell, I wouldn't have any room to buy more stuff. Just make sure you list your items for the minimum amount you are willing to accept for them. If it sells good, if it doesn't then your not out anything.

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
We try to list everything we buy, as buy it now. Then we will auction a lot every month too. That way everything is shown and I can manage 30 auctions a week. I sell maybe 20-30 bin items a month. Then come the colder holidays we will auction more but at least the item has been listed so there is a chance it will sell. The only problem I have run into is that after something being listed for a year, after it sells is finding it in the room!

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I immediately sell off large items and things that depreciate in value.

I sell the smaller items in the winter.

However , I keep way too many of my finds. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread