Fenton? Consolidated? Other? ... You be the judge

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I picked this beauty up today bc I thought it looked a lot like Fenton art glass. Much to my dismay, no Fenton pattern like this one.

A quick google search lead me to the Consolidated Glass Company, rose bowl.

I almost fell off my chair when I saw these prices for some of these pieces.

I can't find one with this pattern (flowers, birds).

Any ideas? Age? Pattern? Value?

How I wish I had enough money to quit my day job!!! I LOVE thrift store shopping!!

Attachments

• image-3939096515.jpg
    image-3939096515.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2568848294.jpg
    image-2568848294.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2706184777.jpg
    image-2706184777.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 75

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it. I don't know anything about it but wish you luck with it.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
almost every town of medium size in west virginia had a glass factory...because of the cheap gas and the sand.....maybe l.c. wright or viking.....or a double handful of others....its nice......

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen these rose bowls listed as Fenton, Consolidated, Mt. Washington, Victorian, English, Bavarian, etc.
I think it's probably an American made piece but there is really no way to prove it that I know of, so it could be English. Probably early-mid 1900's, hand decorated, Pink Satin glass Rose bowl. It is called a rose bowl because that is what it was used for, rose petals. In the Victorian era, rose bowls were filled with rose petals to add fragrance to a room.
It's a nice piece.

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen these rose bowls listed as Fenton, Consolidated, Mt. Washington, Victorian, English, Bavarian, etc.
I think it's probably an American made piece but there is really no way to prove it that I know of, so it could be English. Probably early-mid 1900's, hand decorated, Pink Satin glass Rose bowl. It is called a rose bowl because that is what it was used for, rose petals. In the Victorian era, rose bowls were filled with rose petals to add fragrance to a room.
It's a nice piece.

I think I need to go to my local thrift stores with you. You are a wealth of information. Thanks for helping me out so many times. :)

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
almost every town of medium size in west virginia had a glass factory...because of the cheap gas and the sand.....maybe l.c. wright or viking.....or a double handful of others....its nice......

Thanks Duff! I've still got my eyes peeled for some nice marbles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread