diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've sold to these places before at least 10 times over the last 3 or 4 years. I haven't had any problems yet. Delivery confirmation to the address in Ca. is all you need to concern yourself with, not China or ports unknown. I understand that the seller has 45 days to open a case if something goes wrong on his end. You have a couple options if you are really worried about it. You can either cancel the transaction and refund his money or you can add insurance using ebays 3rd party "ship cover", it costs $1.70. I've used it, they paid in less than a week on a $300 claim. If it were me, insurance is what I would do. Also, I noticed you say you actually lose money on shipping sometimes. This should never be the case. Unless you are offering free shipping (and in that case it should be built into the asking price of the item to begin with), you should always have enough in shipping to cover the cost as well as handling and materials when applicable. Not to mention the 9% that ebay also takes out of your shipping charges.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a freight forwarder service who buys on behalf of foreign bidders.

Can be a hassle to deal with but it is not a scam as some people are suggesting.

Just make sure you follow standard ebay procedures, as you would with any sale. Do not deviate even if the seller asks you to. You CAN and should write the reference # of the box, as they requested. This will help the item to be processed at their warehouse faster and might help you avoid a problem later on.

You shouldn't have any reason to be more or less worried about this sale than any other. Use DC to the US address and you should be fine. This is really no different from any other sale on ebay.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Additionally, why do you have the blurb about "international bidders" in your auction description? You said you ship to the US only so I think you are confusing people by including that language in there.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As ppl have said I don't think you will have a problem if you 3rd party insure it, a couple bucks to ease your mind is worth it. As I said take pictures of the item in the box,as its packed and when I email them to let them know its shipped I include that picture saying I know items in good condition and packed well. Its mainly to show them and give them confidence its going to be ok but also to cover my butt in case they're trying to scam me. Of they get that email and see that picture and they don't complain about it then what story do they have when they get it and try to complain. Also, next time plainly state what you have been worried about...no middleman sales to out of country. I hope all goes well for you.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

FloridaHunter

Dec 6, 2004
Florida

Can be a hassle to deal with but it is not a scam as some people are suggesting.

Just make sure you follow standard ebay procedures, as you would with any sale. Do not deviate even if the seller asks you to. You CAN and should write the reference # of the box, as they requested. This will help the item to be processed at their warehouse faster and might help you avoid a problem later on.

You shouldn't have any reason to be more or less worried about this sale than any other. Use DC to the US address and you should be fine. This is really no different from any other sale on ebay.

Correct. I have sold to them too but I have them blocked now. Be careful though, because they have a ton of other accounts they purchase from, like kglpass4, klgpass5, kglpass6, etc.... It is hard to block them entirely. I researched them heavily, and they are known for asking for a partial discount. They will claim the item was damaged, and ask for some money back.

I sold a box of very nice fishing reels to these exact same people and I tested all the reels so I know they were working fine. Sure enough, about 1-2 weeks after I shipped I got an email asking for a $7.00 refund because one of the reels did not work properly. I ignored the request and never heard from them again.

It is not a lot of money, but with the volume they are doing, these small requests for refunds are piling up.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
As ppl have said I don't think you will have a problem if you 3rd party insure it, a couple bucks to ease your mind is worth it. As I said take pictures of the item in the box,as its packed and when I email them to let them know its shipped I include that picture saying I know items in good condition and packed well. Its mainly to show them and give them confidence its going to be ok but also to cover my butt in case they're trying to scam me. Of they get that email and see that picture and they don't complain about it then what story do they have when they get it and try to complain. Also, next time plainly state what you have been worried about...no middleman sales to out of country. I hope all goes well for you.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

I have noticed that a lot of people write disclaimers or rules in their auctions. These rules mean nothing and you are wasting your time by putting these rules in there.

The only rules that matter are ebay's rules and policies, which you agreed to abide by when you signed up for your account.

Unless you block individual bidders or set "minimum" requirements or country requirements, then you cannot exclude anyone from bidding on your items.

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put "Shipped to US addresses only" in every posting when I sell. I have had a few international buyers PM me and we have worked it out with no problems.

If I got a message like yours, I would definitely decline. Work the "domestic only' angle.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
This matter is very simple to reemdy call Ebay tell them the situation they will tell you you need to send a notice of payment due when they don
t pay you esclate it.. if you think it's scasm tell the ebay rep they can look into the persons account

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've sold to these places before at least 10 times over the last 3 or 4 years. I haven't had any problems yet. Delivery confirmation to the address in Ca. is all you need to concern yourself with, not China or ports unknown. I understand that the seller has 45 days to open a case if something goes wrong on his end. You have a couple options if you are really worried about it. You can either cancel the transaction and refund his money or you can add insurance using ebays 3rd party "ship cover", it costs $1.70. I've used it, they paid in less than a week on a $300 claim. If it were me, insurance is what I would do. Also, I noticed you say you actually lose money on shipping sometimes. This should never be the case. Unless you are offering free shipping (and in that case it should be built into the asking price of the item to begin with), you should always have enough in shipping to cover the cost as well as handling and materials when applicable. Not to mention the 9% that ebay also takes out of your shipping charges.
Sometimes I lose about 50 cents because either the shipping calculator is wrong or my scale is off a bit. Im not a bit concerned about losing 50 cents. Sometimes I make a few cents on shipping sometimes I lose. Sometimes I ship USPS Priority if it only cost me 50 cents more.

Where do I find eBays 3rd party "ship cover"?

I dont think I can cancel the transaction and refund the money. Are you sure? Whats to prevent them from leaving bad feedback?

Thanks Rob

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This matter is very simple to reemdy call Ebay tell them the situation they will tell you you need to send a notice of payment due when they don
t pay you esclate it.. if you think it's scasm tell the ebay rep they can look into the persons account
I did. I opened an unpaid item and they paid. You must have missed that part in my second paragraph.

I have been paid in full. The problem is this seller is known to ask for refunds weeks later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I put "Shipped to US addresses only" in every posting when I sell. I have had a few international buyers PM me and we have worked it out with no problems.

If I got a message like yours, I would definitely decline. Work the "domestic only' angle.
I sell US only but it didnt stop him from bidding because hes in Ca. I dont believe I am allowed to decline a winning bid after the auction is over.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

OK Im probably going to ship. But arent you concerned about the improper English "teach me your paypal address"?

The US Post Office told me if you ship to some countries like Mexico and Colombia, chances are it will not arrive. I dont like the idea of selling to these countries when Im shutting down in a week or so for the season.

Some of the suggestions were to cancel the sale. I seriously doubt that eBay will allow me to cancel the sale but we will see.

Thanks jerseyben

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Additionally, why do you have the blurb about "international bidders" in your auction description? You said you ship to the US only so I think you are confusing people by including that language in there.
Some items I sell international when I had more time. Its a mistake and I forgot to take it out. I dont think it would have made any difference.

Most of my stuff now is junk. Im phasing down for the season because Im leaving town. The plane is a good item and I can easily sell it to someone else.

Half the members say dont ship and half say to ship. I just have to decide myself. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Correct. I have sold to them too but I have them blocked now. Be careful though, because they have a ton of other accounts they purchase from, like kglpass4, klgpass5, kglpass6, etc.... It is hard to block them entirely. I researched them heavily, and they are known for asking for a partial discount. They will claim the item was damaged, and ask for some money back.

I sold a box of very nice fishing reels to these exact same people and I tested all the reels so I know they were working fine. Sure enough, about 1-2 weeks after I shipped I got an email asking for a $7.00 refund because one of the reels did not work properly. I ignored the request and never heard from them again.

It is not a lot of money, but with the volume they are doing, these small requests for refunds are piling up.
Did he leave feedback?

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay has made it easier for cheats like this by removing our ability to leave feedback for buyers. I would take out the third party insurance. Ship the item. Refund his money if he files a claim then turn around and collect your insurance.
When his overseas buyers screw him he trys to screw the seller. It's ebay/paypals system that enables him to do this so I wouldn't loose one second of sleep over filing the insurance claim. You'll get your money and keep your good feedback. Ebay and the insurance can suffer.
Heres the page that explains the ins.
Adding ShipCover insurance

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ebay has made it easier for cheats like this by removing our ability to leave feedback for buyers. I would take out the third party insurance. Ship the item. Refund his money if he files a claim then turn around and collect your insurance.
When his overseas buyers screw him he trys to screw the seller. It's ebay/paypals system that enables him to do this so I wouldn't loose one second of sleep over filing the insurance claim. You'll get your money and keep your good feedback. Ebay and the insurance can suffer.
Heres the page that explains the ins.
Adding ShipCover insurance
Thanks garren. I pay at the Post Office. Is this the same as USPS insurance?

His feedback is pefect but then again of course it is lol. Its meaningless. I notice many sellers leave feedback as soon as an item sells. Myself I wait.

Im still learning to sell on eBay. I get good prices for some of my worthless junk. I have sold over $3000 in a couple months. But some items wont sell at all. This Stanley plane is a good item. I sold about 6or 7 of them. I would have prefered to sell it at $60.50 to the second chance offer.

I will be in the deep swamp in a few weeks without an internet signal. I would prefer not to ship to a problematic buyer.

Last edited:

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks garren. I pay at the Post Office. Is this the same as USPS insurance?

It's different than the USPS Ins. Here's what I found about it.

"ShipCover insurance is provided by eBay through Parcel Insurance Plan (PIP) and is underwritten by Interstate Fire and Casualty Company, a subsidiary of Fireman's Fund Insurance Company."

I think this ins is more convenient to file because its done from your "my ebay" page. I've filed claims with post office for their insurance in the past. I wouldn't say it was a bad experience but it certainly wasn't super pleasant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It's different than they USPS Ins. Here's what I found about it.

"ShipCover insurance is provided by eBay through Parcel Insurance Plan (PIP) and is underwritten by Interstate Fire and Casualty Company, a subsidiary of Fireman's Fund Insurance Company."

I think this ins is more convenient to file because its done from your "my ebay" page. I've filed claims with post office for their insurance in the past. I wouldn't say it was a bad experience but it certainly wasn't super pleasant.
I will have to print the shipping label to a paper and glue/tape it on. I never done this before but I guess its time to learn. Thanks garren.

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to print the shipping label to a paper and glue/tape it on. I never done this before but I guess its time to learn. Thanks garren.

Thats exactly what I do. When I first started shipping this way I was a little leery about a paper label taped on a box but now I wouldn't do it any other way. I print the label, cut it out or fold it, tape it to the box and log onto the USPS website and request carrier pick up....never leave the house!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
One thing I want to mention is that kglpass7 bid at the very last minute so it could not be stopped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions